SUBARU WRX STI - Help me Sell this PLEASE!

Page 1 / 2
megz29, Nov 21, 5:12am
Hi there,

My partner and I are having alot of trouble selling this vechile. The type of people interested are saying they will buy it and pulling out at the last minute.
Trade me listing below, any ideas to sell we are up for anything as we go over to Europe in 4 weeks.

Megan

edangus, Nov 21, 5:14am
Its about 2K too much on the buy now. That will help

trdbzr, Nov 21, 5:16am
drop the price, your asking for too much, thats the reason why its not selling

megz29, Nov 21, 5:47am
If only I could tell me partner this. If we lowered it more there would be really no point in selling it,

sebastian55, Nov 21, 5:49am
If it is not selling put the price UP.

megz29, Nov 21, 5:50am
How would that help!

poohbear011, Nov 21, 6:04am
thats a good price for a sti, some pay that for a version3/4 im surprised it hasnt sold, i paid 8.7g for my 5 with less ks tho and that was about 4-5 months ago, dont give it away

megz29, Nov 21, 6:08am
Thank you, if you could maybe spread the word around that would be fantastic. We are willing for them to take this for a drive or anything they may see fit.

bevharris1938, Nov 21, 6:09am
People are not buying atthe mo , they are more interested in swapping as there is bugger all money around , if you are going over seas in 4 weeks , bite the bullet and put it up for $1 reserve , let the market decide. i'd say if you did that you would probably get a little over $5K, maybe $6K at a strech. People will be sitting back waiting for you to drop the price.

trdbzr, Nov 21, 6:15am
Home page feature and $1 reserve

foxdonut, Nov 21, 6:15am
Jesus. Was there anything left in the Supercheap Auto cosmetic section when you were done buying up on crap!

magicmat, Nov 21, 6:17am
It actually looks like a reasonable deal if that car is your kind of thing. I guess its only worth what someone would pay for it and that is the harsh reality of todays recessionary market. I wouldnt touch it, but if you are patient, I am sure someone will like it.

vtecnet, Nov 21, 6:43am
They are a quick fun car, but are also at the age where things go wrong, most of these for sale have had a full engine rebuild at a cost of $6k + and many people buying a car in this price range can't afford to fix it if it goes wrong.
I suggest taking it to turners auctions, I got $5700 for one last year and it was a non sti version of yours, could be worth a shot, mine was only a version 3 looking model

smac, Nov 21, 6:50am
Just a tip, when you're photographing a car, don't take the pics in the puddle of water you just washed it in, while it's still wet. Looks like you're hiding paint defects, and the fact that you actually washed it is a big deal to you.

sifty, Nov 21, 6:52am
that's because the 'type of people saying they'll buy this' are spotty kids with their pants too low and no money. That is the reality of your market, esp with the tacky add-ons as they seem to be a tosser magnet.

sorry.

vtecnet, Nov 21, 7:03am
Another thing that would put me off is the use of kingstar radial k106 Tyres, these are budget tyres and not intended for a 205kw/276hp Performance Sedan. the tyres your car came with new from the factory back in 1998 had way more grip then these offer.
If I was to buy your car i'd have it at the tyre shop the next day and spend $1000 on some decent tyres such as Bridge stone RE002,RE11, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08, etc. cars that these cars are meant to use. Dunlop Direzza on the lower end side.

Then. I'd spend another $1000 on servicing, cambelt, waterpump etc.

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:18am
Decades ago, I had an '89 Mazda 323 4WD turbo for sale.Problem - almost everybody who wanted to buy it (and there were plenty) was under 25, none had the cash - so all wanted finance.Finance companies insisted on insurance, and no insurance company would insure kids under 25 in the car.It was a problem.Few mature persons want to own a WRX STI, and of those who do, most don't want one that's done "100,000 miles".
I parked it on the side of the road with "4 sale" sign, sold it cheap within 24 hours. According to registration records, it was de-registered about 4 months later.

hijacka, Nov 21, 7:40am
As above kingstar tyres are shit and so are the wheels so why mention them in detail and you need to put more effort in to pictures ie delete them all and start again, The shots of it on a hoist really don't do anything for me and the picture of the exhaust with the ugly pipe bends is like admitting you really don't care about performance which would be a worry for genuine buyers aswell.
Sorry to be negative but only telling it how i see it:)

loose.unit8, Nov 21, 7:53am
Come on, the average person is going to know little more than zip about tires.

What's so terrible about aftermarket lights!

mm12345, Nov 21, 8:59am
I'm desperately trying to think why "the average person" would want to buy a WRX STI.
Nope, I suspect that the car is an enthusiast's vehicle, and that the average buyer would have a clue about tyres.
That said, I've got some Kingstar AT tyres on my 4WD, and they are (so far - 20,000km use) at least as good if not better than the Bridgestone and Goodyear tyres I've had before on the same vehicle (they stay in balance better, wet grip is okay, wear rate seems good).But I wouldn't put Kingstars on any performance car.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 21, 9:37am
Would you sell just the "tweeders"!
I have visions of hooking them up to my mahogany radiogram, so I can sit back in my smoking jacket with a pipe and brandy and enjoy some BBC world service.

mm12345, Nov 21, 9:46am
I know that's what you Germans did in the evening, during the war, after working a shift at the VW or V2 factory.Then, when you realised superior engineering wasn't the path to victory, you plotted DSG.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 21, 9:49am
LOL, you caught me out, I decided on another angle for taking the piss but too late you immortalised my original post!

Just so much fodder for cheap shots here, and I havn't even started on the downfalls of trying to "sell" an STI when most people will gladly pay a Doctor to be rid of one.

Oh and yes. the DSG was our gift to humanity in an effort to make up for things.

hijacka, Nov 21, 10:08am
You should buy it jazz the number plate would be ideal for you.

suplyuparts, Nov 21, 10:21am
get rid of the blue paint on the dash,scrap that back to black,if this is a sti model,why isnt the intake manifld red.looks like wrx set up.!.$6k is mostly what you're get for the car,i could only get $9k for my 99 wrx-ra spec.i would put the standard headlites back in.