Warlocks Car alarms - Any good!

Page 1 / 2
biancaw, Feb 28, 10:50am
Does anyone happen to know of Warlocks alarms etc! I'm not sure that I've heard of them but they seem to by far have the best deals in car alarms. Can anyone shed any light on them! Very much appreciated

jono2912, Feb 28, 11:04am
If you're going to bother putting a car alarm in, use AVS

biancaw, Feb 28, 8:50pm
Thanks I have looked into AVS but both AVS & Mongoose have similar specs & are the same price, I am wanting to know if anyone knows anything about Warlocks as they sound good on their website & half the price of the others. Cheers

biancaw, Mar 1, 7:33am
So has anyone heard of Warlocks!

suplyuparts, Mar 1, 8:16am
yep ive of them.they ok,but can get around.but get avs.mongoose are shit.

noswalg, May 20, 9:36pm
I've got a warlock alarm in my car and i find sometimes it's hard to disarm (not the remote battery, that has been replaced) also lately it has started to randomly go off in the middle of the night (no tampering involved I have 2 large dogs on patrol) Maybe it needs the back up battery replaced, I don't know how long it's been in there but less than 3 yrs. It's not really at the point that i'd consider replacing it but for those reasons alone I'd not get another one fitted!

aragorn2003, May 20, 10:53pm
Our car has one installed (by previous owner) and i find its hard to arm and disarm sometimes .

thought i might be too far away for it to work but then sometimes im standing in front of it and either have to hold the button down for ages or keep pushing it

Would rather have an AVS S5

noswalg, May 20, 10:57pm
seems to be a common occurrence, I have had the bonnet up pointing the remote at the alarm and still couldn't disarm it!

aragorn2003, May 20, 10:58pm
anyone know how many immobilizors they have! atleast it has those LOL (not sure what model i have either)

n1smo_gtir, May 20, 11:24pm
If you want the honest truth, here is is: 1/ The alarm is only as good as the person who installed it. Most but not all installers are to too lazy to conceal the alarm brain properly. Industry practice to shove everything in the drivers side near the steering column, making it prime spot for theives to rip the crap out. a $1000 car alarm aint much better than a $200 one if it's not installed with thoughts and care. As for AVS, i used to regard them very highly till i learnt that the body is make of plastic and clip locked together to a point i can get access to the inside within 30secs. My sense of security dropped like a brick.With a few bobby pins, one can disable an AVS relatively quickly. other alarms common such as dynatron, mongoose and unidens are even easier. remote not working or you receiving poor range often to do with weak remote battery, remote exposed to moisture from condensation or simply the remote antennae wire is too short from the brainbox. common Immobilisers are piece of piss for alot of car theives. Better ones are concealled kill switches which an experienced auto electrician put in themselves and the one of switch disguised well.

aragorn2003, May 20, 11:29pm
yeah i get kill switches put in all the cars i own , its funny seeing someone trying to start a car with a kill switch

richard198, May 21, 12:13am
I've worked on Warlocks before; they are just okay with me.
Mongoose are the best.
Dynatron are quite good. (been in my car for six years)

ninja_man, May 21, 12:27am
get a mongose, or something good quality. Used to have a brand new warlocks alarm in my car and it crapped out with a year. but they are very cheap. i guess you get what you pay for

lookoutas, May 21, 2:54am
I'm waiting to.

pup2, May 21, 6:04am
This message was deleted.

warlocks01 (409 )7:34 am, Sat 21 May #6

Guess we have an answer

bae13, May 21, 10:37am
alarms are only deterrants, all aftermarket alarms can be bypassed, some easier than others, not by brand but by install, it dont matter if you have 2 or 3 immobilisers. thats all ill say as anymore and ill be telling you how to do it.and as i fit car alarmsit would be a bad idea

n1smo_gtir, May 21, 11:00am
exactly bae13, if someone really want your ride, they'll tow the whole frigin thing and noone will bat an eye thinking its either broken down or illegally parked.

midge41, May 21, 11:37am
yea ur right all they do is cut u brake lines then they can move the car easy as

lookoutas, May 22, 12:00am
I'm waiting Warlocks.
I actually want to meet with you.

carkitter, May 22, 1:19am
I bought a Warlocks Alarm cheap from JB Hifi and installed it myself. It was a doddle to install and their supplier in St Heliers has extra parts to upgrade it with. It isn't actually any cheaper installing it yourself as their prices as VERY LOW but I didn't want anyone knowing how to bypass it and I wanted to to use the full extent of my know-how to stealth install it.

I didn't install the shock sensor which is the source of 99.9% of problems with alarms. Other sensors such as microwave and digital-tilt sensors do a better job.

I have had no issues with my Warlocks Alarm at all and would recommend them to anyone. Note: self-instal voids any star rating as far as insurance companies are concerned, just one of the reasons the star rating is complete nonsense.

carkitter, May 22, 1:23am
Cutting brake LINES will do nothing to deactivate the parking brake which is CABLE operated. It will however make it unsafe to drive.

carkitter, May 22, 1:28am
If your car is that sought after then you need a GSM txt alertand/or GPS tracking.
Maybe a rottweiler too.

lookoutas, May 24, 5:45am
warlochs01 has gone quiet.

jjalexander, May 24, 9:09am
I'm with you on this carkitter.I had a warlocks alarm put in my car in 2005 and I have never had the slightest problem with it, it's always worked well and the guy who installed it did a great job (my last one was an AVS, fitted by AVS and it fell out from under the dashboard and the cheap plastic casing broke!).Am so happy with my alarm I got one fitted in the wifes new car last year, was happy to find it was installed by the same guy and once again it's really good.I'd recommend them to anyone. Seeing this kazbanz guy is in the car industry I reckon his comments are just sour grapes or something, he's way too aggressive not to have some kind of personal vendetta (maybe warlocks is undercutting one of his mates in the industry or something!) and I wouldn't listen to a word he says.I'd recommend a Warlock alarm to anyone.Wifey and me are both perfectly happy with them.

lookoutas, Jun 16, 5:39am
They failed to appear at a scheduled Disputes Tribunal today. So my daughter is still running around in a car that is intermittently chirping and beeping until another date is set. This is also creating a very stressful situation.

Hero's!