1996 toyota cavalier

Page 2 / 2
rozigurl, Jan 24, 1:17pm
Well thats what I was told anyway. I loved my old cav anyway, first car and all. It just didnt last that long is all. Was a nightmare finding parts for it. Most mechanics didnt want to touch it because of the hassle these cars are. Is all Im sayn.

rozigurl, Jan 24, 1:18pm
Never once said anything about being new.

rozigurl, Jan 24, 1:19pm
Swt all good. I dont really care. Just said what I was told by the local GM is all.

doug207, Jan 24, 10:24pm
That was easy

a.woodrow, Jan 24, 11:04pm
Having worked for a dealership that covered both holden and toyota franchise, I can assure you that no-one wants to know about cavaliers. TNZ can't get many parts, HNZ are happier to pretend it never existed in the first place. They aren't as unreliable as posters make out here - they are much, much worse. We had a lady with one that couldn't be convinced to part with her 'snazzy looking' car (her words) and she would spend upwards of 3k in repairs every year on it. finally got rid of it when the parts that has failed 'this time' were prohibitively expensive so she traded it in - not with us thankfully.

gunhand, Jan 24, 11:11pm
Still waiting on my sisters one to exploded into a fireball at any moment or even simply breakdown. Oddly it hasnt given a days problem.3k a year in repairs! thats more than the car is worth. Mind you some late model cars can cost that for one repair. And some cars cost anything from $300 to a thousand for a simple trans oil change depending on who you believe.

mugenb20b, Jan 24, 11:38pm
Yes, anything to get the sale.

mugenb20b, Jan 24, 11:40pm
Take the Blade version for a drive, and the 4AGE / 4AGZE 20 valve ones.

a.woodrow, Jan 24, 11:46pm
Yep about 6 times what it's worth if you ask me - mostly electrical components being replaced, sensors etc but one year it was a head gasket and the following was a 2nd hand transmission

elect70, Jan 25, 2:48am
Guy down the road has 1,stays in his garagereckoned every time he drove it something went wrong . He still owes finance on it & cant sell it poorboy

gadgit3, Jan 25, 2:56am
Oh I love those Blades. nice looking Corolla with a 3.5L V6 under the hood .