Most troublefree vehicle

fmadams, Jan 23, 1:36am
I have a 1991 old shape Honda Prelude and it has done 200,000+k.
I have done 120,000k in it and the only repairs I have been required to do are rebuild 1 handbrake caliper and replace a thermostat. I would like a wagon year 2000 onwards. Any suggestions!

andy61, Jan 23, 1:47am
Toyota Corolla Fielder 1.8 S ,I have 1,up to 195000kms now,totally reliable economical car.

fmadams, Jan 23, 5:15am
What are Toyota Camrys like!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 23, 6:31am
Just remember that the supposedly most trouble free vehicles in this country usually cost a lot more for a lot less vehicle. They are often the most austere models and not necessarily the most economical.

The best value is often found looking a little bit outside the box.

Camry's can be good but many are vary overpriced. As a car they offer very little other than supposed reliability. What is your price range!

jono2912, Jan 23, 7:00am
Why not get a Multipla! They are electrifying.

-k13ran-, Jan 23, 7:06am
honda accord wagons are very reliable. owned one for a few years 2002 only had to do brake pads a ball joint and handbrake cable adjusting

the_chooky, Jan 23, 7:33am
Any mechanic on here will tell you that the Mitsubishi range of cars are the most trouble free on our roads.

franc123, Jan 23, 7:38am
bloody oath they are, along with Isuzu and Subaru, we love 'em.

craig04, Jan 23, 7:39am
Any Citreon.

franc123, Jan 23, 7:42am
You read that wrong didn't you lol.

fmadams, Jan 23, 8:23am
I was thinking of something around $10,000. Was interested in a Honda Odyssey or Accord wagon but when I Googledmany people have had transmission problems. I have a thing against Mitsubishis. Heard too many rattly ones and seen a lot of smokers.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 23, 8:26am
If you could stretch to about 12K you would nearly be into a MK5 Golf. Then you have it all, reliability, unbelievable economy, mega safety, pretty much best in its class for the last half a decade all round.

Couldn't recommend one enough.

There is a high roof version wit an extra pop up seat called the Touran, that would likely suit you down to the ground.

Turners auctions regularly have them fresh off the boat as ex-Japan imports for about 12K heres one so you can see what it looks like 347866895

carkitter, Jan 23, 8:36am
Please don't feed the Troll.

scoobeey, Jan 23, 8:37am
Wheres Tutty asleep lol

carkitter, Jan 23, 8:40am
The auto trans are not inherently bad.
They will survive quite nicely if you regularly check the oil level and top up as required, Change the fluid every 2yrs/40,000kms, and do a kickdown cable adjustment which takes all of 30 seconds. They don't even need 'servicing' , 'internal adjustments' or filter changes like other auto transmissions.

Honda autos only fail due to neglect.

nick_o_teen, Jan 23, 8:48am
wingroad,fielder or caldina. we get heps at work n there sweet as.

racetoy, Jan 23, 8:50pm
well i have a 1996 honda odyssey i use it as my work wagon (mobile car valet ) it carry's 200 litres of water a 5h/p generator a commercial vac and water blaster.i have had it 4 years and have only put 1 set of tyres on it .thats all nothing elseas for the auto's i know the earler v6 ones had trouble but my 2.2 prelude based oddy just keeps going and going.plus it runs on 91 and parts are dirt cheap .should i need any

jason18, Jan 24, 12:25am
primera wagon.

scoobeey, Jan 24, 2:53am
lada lol

mottly, Jan 24, 2:59am
toyota camry - totally bullet proof wagons.Done over 200,000kms in mine, and only ever done reg oil/filter changes.They're like the energizer bunny lol

gilligan2, Jan 29, 2:03am
Rover 216 ftw