Caldina front left indicator. Can't find one.

tinytribe, Jan 25, 5:24am
Would anyone here happen to have one available to list!

petermcg, Jan 25, 5:28am
Could get you one from Aus but would be very expensive, come see me on my listings.

lookoutas, Jan 25, 5:37am
Go and see a Panelbeater - they will put it on Parts Trader.

tinytribe, Jan 25, 5:45am
Thanks, will do.Auto dismantler quoted me $400 for the whole healdlight/indicator set.If I can get it a bit cheaper I'd be a very happy camper.

tinytribe, Jan 25, 5:47am
I'm there now.

rob_man, Jan 25, 7:18am
Is that part of the headlamp! some are and you have to buy a whole unit. It sucks I know.

tinytribe, Jan 25, 8:59am
Ok, I plowed my car into a stack of concrete pavers.Smashed out the headlight, but the indicator 'unit' was fine.However, the bloody thing fell out on the drive home (I had checked it and thought it was secure).The bulb is still there and working, but all the casing has gone by the wayside.I have found a headlight, but it doesn't come with an indicator as a set.

socram, Jan 26, 3:15am
Which begs the question often asked of me."Why do you bother with that old Brit crap!"Quite simply, because when restoring, a car from the days before fancy lights came along, you'll find that most used proprietory components, so my 1956, saloon and the 1970 MGB all used the same headlights at a fair cost. (I have used Mini headlamps in the 1956 car as they have built in side lamps.)

The quote for two MG Metro headlights here was more than the value of the car, (even second hand, the cost of three lights equalled the cost of the car!) yet they were just $20 from a scrap yard in the UK.

Sorry to say, but long term, restoring modern cars or keeping older ones on the road, is going to be just about impossible, as many will be perfectly OK bar one critical component and will be scrapped.

Shame.

pandai, Jan 26, 4:02am
I take it that the likes of Braxtons etc had none!

lookoutas, Feb 6, 9:59am
It's like plastic clothes pegs socram - they don't want them to keep on going.
I went to the Wrecker looking for 7" round lights, and he just laughed.