Rod through the block. soon after winger service.!

Page 4 / 4
sweety666, Feb 4, 7:25am
yes it was water :)

johnf_456, Feb 4, 7:25am
mmmm

sweety666, Feb 4, 7:31am
oh and for the reccord . sorry to winger.

guess it wasnt their falt. but cant blame a "no nothing" about cars for thinking that. :(
i feel bad for saying it was thier falt though.

bigracket, Feb 4, 7:41am
Great outcome, at least you and winger got to the bottom of it and got it sorted. Cant do better than that.

zephyrheaven, Feb 4, 8:04am
weird

I drove our version one (with heaps of hop up gear) thru a fjiord / ford) near Geraldine once - no damage, mind you I chapped it down a peg or two & hit boost limiter around the middle of the river - beewdy

phillip.weston, Feb 4, 8:08am
it must have been a really big puddle the OP drove through!

zephyrheaven, Feb 4, 8:15am
that or pitched it into a dyke

lookoutas, Feb 4, 7:09pm
Eh!

lookoutas, Feb 4, 7:27pm
Now here's a Panelbeaters grizzle on the outcome.
They will fix it and pay the garage their going hourly rate of around $80, and that's good. But if one of the body panels got bent at the same time, it would go to a panelshop to get that fixed under the same claim, and they would pay them $45/hr.

That's a freakish happening to get enough water through a standard system to cause that. For a start, the air box should hold at least 4lts before it can enter the intake pipe - they're designed to handle that. Shit - I've driven a Subaru through water deep enough to feel a little floaty more than twice, hit a 2" sheet of water across the road at 120, and never had an issue or could imagine one.

Good/lucky outcome.

johnf_456, Mar 11, 10:04am
120 in conditions like that crikey and we share the roads with people like that. Especially if your aqua planing crikey, you would think you would slow down in conditions like that.