Just bought a WRX. questions.

hydroman08, Feb 4, 8:57pm
Morning all.Just got myself a 2002 WRX as a weekend toy.Its completely stock (aside from an alarm and turbo-timer).Do I need to get a boost-gauge, or is it a waste of time!I've never had a turbo car so I don't really know where to start.Anything else I should look at doing!
I've got it booked in next weekend for a full service and diagnostic check.

hydroman08, Feb 4, 8:58pm
Actually one more question; above the rear view mirror is a little plastic thing that folds down - what is it!
It looks like it can be opened, but I can't figure it out!

bjdw, Feb 4, 8:59pm
The first thing you should do to it is trade it in for an Evo!

hydroman08, Feb 4, 9:01pm
Thanks for the suggestion - but every mitsi i have has as shat itself, so I thought I'd try something else!

gilligan2, Feb 4, 9:08pm
Papa, by boost controller you mean vice grips right!

hydroman08, Feb 4, 9:16pm
Cheers for that.Im off to fill the tank and see what the car can do.Might also go past a few stores in town haha

johnf_456, Feb 4, 9:23pm
No get insurance first before anything, they scream I'm a theft magnet.

woody1946, Feb 4, 9:27pm

1fordluva, Feb 4, 9:35pm
http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/

hydroman08, Feb 4, 9:44pm
Locked it away in the garage over night with ute parked in front.9am this morning got full insurance.Being 24 (for another month) means higher excess, but I'm happy.State insurance were very nice :)

hydroman08, Feb 4, 9:45pm
I read it."Thefts of new Subarus had now all but disappeared"

hydroman08, Feb 4, 9:54pm
I plan to!

1fordluva, Feb 4, 10:12pm
I ran my 200+ kw atw forester on 95 oct as that is all we have in a 50km radius.
Even at 19psi it never had detonation."checked at dyno"
But if you have 98 use it.

ema1, Feb 5, 1:32am
You might be going to something else again.soon.watch this space !
It's very dependent on it's past and future service history and how it's been treated in the past to a big extent.

hydroman08, Feb 5, 3:59am
tell you what, its bloody fun to drive :)
Ema1 - good service history, and one owner since new.

kevymtnz, Feb 5, 4:38am
both are as bad as each other
keep changing the oil evey 10k and dont red line it and it may last to 200k before it does the same as a mitsi = boom

mitchell_nz2005, Mar 13, 9:57pm
Lol must say my mitsi blew up lolz . You dont need a boost gague that much if u leave it at factory boost but if you wind it up i would get one bt be carefull unlike me