1990 Nissan Terrano R3M kicks out of over drive

juggie21, Feb 6, 9:10pm
1990 Nissan Terrano R3M 2.7 turbo diesel
Automatic transmission kicks out of over drive when warm after 15-20 km put it in nutorol for 5-10 sec well still movingadnd it come right fort10 - 15 mins helpjust been servicednew oil + filter ect

toominator_phil, Feb 6, 9:56pm
Cool story. but what's your question!

From memory I think the overdrive was operated via vacuum, so I'd be having a poke around to see if there are any vacuum lines that've been dislodged during the oil change. The oil filters are a pita to get to in these trucks so it's quite possible that something got bumped while they were getting at the filter.

Also, what kind of speeds are you using overdrive on! I found it was better leaving it out of overdrive if you were doing below 50kpm

juggie21, Feb 6, 11:03pm
Hi thanks had a look no vaccumm lines offall good in box too put it in to over drive at round 65kmit was doing it before the filter and oil was changed

luke041, Mar 20, 9:01am
Temp sensor in the trans gives a lot of problems in those trans. Which will make fall in and out of o/d or lockup will need to go to a trans shop to be tested we see about one a month with that problem not alot of $$$ to fix.