Help Nissan Terrano motor prob URGENT

Page 1 / 2
jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:03am
Oil in the radiator and is heating up as in overheating.any suggestions.its the oil in the radiator thats the main issue so anyone know what could it possibly be.92 diesel 2.7 turbo

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:05am
Add water to the oil filler, that way it'll be perfectly balanced.

chris241, Nov 21, 7:12am
cracked head id say

toyboy3, Nov 21, 7:14am
engine oil or transmission oil!

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:24am
engine oil

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:25am
we have been told maybe engine oil coolerbut where the heck is it in the engine and google isnt showing me.

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:32am
If it was shown to you, it will make no difference.
If you don't have a friend or family member handy - who does have a clue, then trust a local mechanic's opinion on this one.

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:34am
we are mechanically minded and in 30 years this has us stumped.does anyone know where it is and can post me a pic or!

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:35am
and ps need to get ot work in morning

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:35am
and pps have spare nissan motor to switch over if we new what it looked like to eliminate if problem

thunderbolt, Nov 21, 7:37am
They could be referring to an external cooler under the rad support panel (if it has one) or a water cooled housing under the oil filter.
Overheating would suggest its head gasket or crack, more than a cooler issue.

electro2000, Nov 21, 7:38am
Doubt it will ve a cracked head pretty tough those cast iron
Donks. Common for trans cooler in rad to leak trans oil
into coolant

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:40am
Well I don't think anybody in this thread knows, from your description, whether you've got oil mixed in with the coolant in the radiator, whether the engine is overheating, or the transmission is overheating.
So if you take a little more care in describing the problem, you might get a sensible answer.

electro2000, Nov 21, 7:40am
See your over heating comment suspect gasket

jossybossy, Nov 21, 7:40am
its not transmission it is engine

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:44am
So it's engine oil in the radiator!
If so, and you've got a spare engine handy, probably time to use it.

jossybossy, Nov 21, 8:01am
and thats back to the other help q.If we have one where is it please.Thats exactly where we are at tryign to figure out

mm12345, Nov 21, 8:05am
I think it's around where the oil filter screws on, under a plate around there somewhere. Will be plumbed in with coolant hoses, so shouldn;t be hard to find. They do apparently poop themselves.If that's all it is, then lucky.But after fixing, you'll need to hot flush the whole cooling system thoroughly.Engine oil mixed with coolant, whipped up via the water pump turns into margarine - blocks stuff up.

mugenb20b, Nov 21, 8:06am
Don't worry about it for now. It's dark outside, and you won't fix any overheating problems between now and tomorrow. Take you car to a non franchised garage first thing in the morning for accurate fault diagnosis.

jossybossy, Nov 21, 8:10am
I got lights

a.woodrow, Nov 21, 8:16am
Because a franchised garage can't make an accurate diagnosis.!

jossybossy, Nov 21, 8:19am
no we have time and skills now was hoping to conquer tonight but not lookign good.

a.woodrow, Nov 21, 8:21am
Will be cracked head/blown head gasket if you're unlucky.
oil cooler if you're lucky.
nothing that can be fixed tonight :(

mugenb20b, Nov 21, 8:23am
Oh they can, but there's a chance they might have higher charge out rates.

a.woodrow, Nov 21, 8:27am
the chance is 100% lol