I got another vehicle stolen!

Page 4 / 5
74nova, Dec 24, 6:09am
Steal my car and see what happens to you. The justice system is a joke, The guys probably sitting back at home right now thinking of what next to steal. Oh and saying how I feel about this subject compared to actually doing it are two totally different things.

flitt, Dec 24, 6:48am
I'm curious because I know nothing of the subject. How does one block/jam an unknown/unidentified cell connection!

phillip.weston, Dec 24, 6:56am
you can purchase GPS and GSM detectors, so you can find out if the car has such a device, and probably where the device is too. However having said that, 99% of car thieves will not have such equipment and would have to work on a quick turnaround to get the vehicle stripped and disposed of before the theft has even been noticed.

With the unit jsbike used, it can be programmed to txt you instantly if the vehicle moves from its current spot. So I guess you could enable to alert just after you've parked it up for the night, and providing you don't sleep through a text message you would be notified fairly instantly.

jsbike, Dec 24, 7:58am
Correct, it can text me as soon as ignition is turned on or the door is opened , or the car moves IF I text it to do so. The unit will ALWAYS text me if the car battery is cut weather the unit is armed or not. Generally i dont arm it as it costs 20c to text the unit to arm it, and 20c when the GPS text back to say it has armed the car etc. There is another unit available exactly the same as mine but with a remote to arm and disarm, its only about $105us on ebay, TK103B model. I much prefer to have my car stolen and find out who did it than get woken up at 3am by an alarm and then run out to find my window broken and them scared away.

flitt, Dec 24, 8:01am
Where does one purchase a GPS/GSM detector! Are they dear!

jsbike, Dec 24, 8:07am
Listing #: 434465218

gmphil, Dec 24, 8:34am
Yup good work lol hope they injoy there xmas meal inthe clank!in good on insurance company too .thanks for link lol i just scored it

thejazzpianoma, Dec 24, 8:39am
I don't think its a good idea to encourage discussion of this topic on here.

phillip.weston, Dec 24, 8:40am
that's the GPS tracker itself, he's after the device to detect if GPS/GSM is being transmitted from any particular vehicle.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/high-power-gps-blocker-with-ac-adapter-and-car-charger-110v-220v-8758 there's more here - http://s.dealextreme.com/search/gps+blocker

thejazzpianoma, Dec 24, 8:42am
Dude, I know this sort of thing is only a google click away but really not cool to encourage it.

a18a, Dec 24, 8:55am
this actually is a cool story, bro.

flitt, Dec 24, 8:55am
Interesting. I don't actually want one. Just another attempt to catch up with the 21st century, I suppose.

phillip.weston, Dec 24, 8:57am
Am not encouraging it - as you said it's only a google search away. Chances of any car thief having enough brain cells to make their way here are fairly minimal. Am merely highlighting the fact that these GPS trackers can be bypassed - but perhaps still more valuable to have than a regular car alarm.

jsbike, Dec 24, 9:03am
As phil points out, there are counter measures to EVERYTHING. The thing that fixes that, is insurance.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 24, 9:19am
The point is you are highlighting how easy and cheap it is to get something to bypass it.

trade4us2, Dec 24, 9:33am
So, install a gps-blocker detector, that disables the car or sounds a really loud alarm.

flitt, Dec 24, 9:37am
No way. lol. Does that exist too!

bmwnz, Dec 24, 10:44pm
Maybe better to just hook an anti-personnel mine in the roof lining, actuated by unauthorised activity! That'd stop the problem, dead!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 24, 11:20pm

a18a, Dec 24, 11:28pm
then the thieves will prolly get a gps blocking detector immobilizer

jsbike, Dec 25, 7:58am
Correct, it can text me as soon as ignition is turned on or the door is opened or the car moves IF I text it to do so. The unit will ALWAYS text me if the car battery is cut weather the unit is armed or not. Generally I dont arm it as it costs 20c to text the unit to arm it, and 20c when the GPS text back to say it has armed the car etc. There is another unit available exactly the same as mine but with a remote to arm and disarm so it does not need to text, it's only about $105 US on ebay, TK103B model.

I much prefed to have my car stolen and have the ignition broken and find out who did it than get woken up at 3am by an alarm and then run out to find my window broken and them scared away.

superdave0_13, Dec 25, 8:08pm
Is there any way you can get music put onto that video! The way those cops straddled the fence in unison was gold and wouldn't look out of place in a Royal NZ ballet performance.

owene, Dec 26, 3:47am
So is there a history maintained of the GPS tracker's location, ie can you see where it was at a certain date/time. Also, does the manufacturer maintain the www site! And third, does it have an antenna!

fordcapri1980, Dec 29, 7:12am
man i deff need one of these

fordcapri1980, Dec 29, 7:23am
how hard is it to set up!, can it be put on any car!