WRX - What should I look for before buying

Page 2 / 2
klrider, Feb 17, 12:39am
Check for the Holden badge, only way really

moosie_21, Feb 17, 3:53am
I'd buy a starlet over athrashed WRX any day.

What are you going to say next, that Starlets are gay! The OP's a girl, if you're in that mind.

mike107, Feb 17, 4:04am
Will it get a WOF with the blacked out tail lights. A R34 would be a better buy.

sven007, Feb 17, 4:39am
Guess you mike MX5's as well!

moosie_21, Feb 17, 6:44am
Yes, they're quite cool cars, and they handle like their on rails.

Go on, call me and the cars I like gay, I know you want to.

bigfatmat1, Feb 17, 7:32am
subarus are not hard to work on. parts are of average price i have had quite a few in my time gear linkages are the main cause of sloppy gears clutches wear out it's no nessacerilya sign of abuse. I would make sure its cold when test driving and avoid ones with noisy lifters. they have there common problems as with all cars

wrxnz1, Feb 17, 8:08am
ive had my wrx for 4 and a half years its has heaps of mods and running 14 psi i have not had one problem with it i do the serviceing myself oil filter and oil every 10k instead of 5k in the second owner the previous owner looked after it well as long as you do the servicing when its ment to be done and dont thrash it every second of its life you will find them very reliable if its been treated properly

gilligan2, Feb 17, 9:43am
WRX's after mid 96 run 14 psi standard. even the non sti's

hijacka, Feb 17, 10:14am
All turbo subaru legacys and wrx have a 14-15psi boost cut. Not all factory subaru turbos are capable of holding 14psi at 6000rpm thou. like the td04,vf8,vf10 etc that drop off at high rpm, but as far as i know from starting with the bc/bf 89 onwards turbo leggys and wrx's are capable of running 14psi with a factory ecu, hell im running the factory mapsensor for my 90 bf wagon and its running 19psi with the link ecu and td05 20g.

hijacka, Feb 17, 10:18am
Waimate would be the last place i'd buy a car from, His probably been shaggn his sister on the backseat

m4r5h411, Feb 17, 10:32am
nice colour

iron-maiden, Apr 29, 7:51pm
get a skyline,cheep to run,fix and they look good