Painting a vehicle with rustoleum

smac, Feb 23, 3:46am
The equivalent here I think is the Wattle Rustkill series.

smac, Feb 23, 3:47am
Or is it KillRust.I forget.

geedubu, Feb 23, 3:55am
Are you going to use the paint-roller technique!I've read about that with interest through google.Look forward to seeing some pix when you have finished, make sure you post on here if you try that out.Cheers

gunhand, Feb 23, 3:59am
I used killrust on a fire escape as per requirement, it goes as hard as hell but is basicly an enamal. If you paint it and it runs or whatever I think redoing to soon would result in fry ups and so forth. Its about 40 or 50 bucks a ltr and comes in red yellow green and some other drab colours.
personally I wouldnt touch a car with it.

scoobeey, Feb 23, 4:42am
cancer starts from the 'inside;.

trogedon, Feb 23, 5:20am
People are selling left over paint here for good prices - check it. Also go to auto paint places and you may be able to get a mis match cheaply. I did that to paint my Mazda (undercoat/topcoat sprayed) for under $200. Spraying - even a panel at a time is better than all the work of roller (and yes I've seen youtube vids of it done).

rob_man, Feb 23, 5:30am
Check this out if you're hoping to do a non-spray job.
http://uob-community.ballarat.edu.au/~dmwilson/

hatchback, Feb 23, 7:14am
4ltrs Dulux High Gloss super enamel, 4ltrs 91 petrol (the thinners), a good spray gun and a high volume compressor.Done this a few times with great results

ema1, Feb 23, 7:16am
I can get Rustoleum here where I live from my local paint shop.
Good stuff but haven't used it on a cars bodywork before, though I have a couple of cans the exact colour match of my Mercedes hubcaps (the inside .side) of which I intend restoring and having a set of caps as spares. I've already done the ones on the car after they were re chromed & painted as with original factory colour coded caps, wouldn't know them from new ones.
It's recommended by Mercedes restoration chaps in USA for that purpose.that's where I got the idea from.

directorylist, Feb 23, 7:28am
good god thats a lot of sanding

trogedon, Feb 23, 7:14pm
Better to use the correct thinners.

rob_man, May 21, 9:03am
Santano do an excellent spraying enamel at a far better price than Dulux.