Any more power from a VQ25DD, Possible!

mcleanj1, Jan 7, 9:35am
I have a 2003 non turbo 2.5ltr V6 VQ25DD, I want some more bottom end torque any ideas! I have heard of a Plenum spacer! Power duct!

rednsr, Jan 7, 9:36am
Buy a faster car. Problem solved.

ginga4lyfe, Jan 7, 9:38am
hey buddy, i dont think that answer was anything to do with the question, and he wants TORQUE not a faster car

rednsr, Jan 7, 9:40am
Oh. Im sorry. In that case, buy a diesel.

mcleanj1, Jan 8, 12:59am
The car is plenty fast enough, it just suffers from low down acceleration, like up a steep driveway, no real torque!

vtecintegra, Jan 8, 1:01am
Is the transmission choosing the correct gear!

mantagsi, Jan 8, 1:56am
I would point the finger at the slushbox hanging off of the side. I had a 2.0 litre manual cefiro (VQ20DE) which had the trick variable geometry manifold (as per a lot of the Jap import models) and for a small engine in a decent size car it had plenty of guts! I had a crack at driving the same car / engine size in an auto and it was pretty depressing.

un_known, Jan 8, 2:12am
x1
strange from my experience ive found the vq25dd to be a quite impressive engine for its size.a shitload more torque than the rb25 thats for sure.

you sure its running right!, may have a sensor fault or something.Your not running it on 91 are you! They have 11:1 compression id be running the highest octane fuel i could get,

scotty20001, Jan 8, 4:39am
sell it and buy a Holden 3.8 if you want torque

foxdonut, Jan 8, 6:26am
Superchargers, closer ratio gearing, computer tuning.

What have you done to it already and what ate the numbers its making!

Also budget, what is it!

chris_051, Jan 8, 6:40am
and use less gas while youre at it.

r15, Jan 8, 6:57am
p12 primera!

bubbles244, Jan 8, 8:38am
donk from a 300zx.

vtecintegra, Jan 8, 10:25am
x1
The DI VQs are very fuel efficient provided they are working properly and you use 98

ass, Nov 4, 2:07am
ya 95 ok for vq as am doing ok i can do 185kms nd hour off the clock good fast motors for get holdens more like chev holdens togethere lmao