Toyota Fielder or Caldina?

sam284, Jan 12, 10:00am
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between these two cars.if we were looking at the same year, engine size, mileage is one better than the other and for what reasons.Im no car expert so thanks for your thoughts!

sam284, Jan 12, 10:05am
Oops just found an oldthread about this but anymore opinions would be great

andy61, Jan 12, 7:28pm
x1
The Fielder is the smaller car being a Corolla-come as 1.5 and 1.8,Caldina is slightly larger.The Fielder has a timing chain engine,depending on what year Caldina you are looking at may have a cam belt.I have a Fielder 1.8S ,has been a totatly reliable car-1 set of front brake pads and 2 light bulbs,1 set of tyres and usual oil changes etc in 4 years,the car is up to 213kms now(I have done 91kms).I have found it to be a comfortable ,roomy ,economical car.I am in the process of bringing in a new shape Fielder from Japan,hope this will be just as good .

kazbanz, Jan 12, 7:57pm
sam- I'd suggest going and actualy LOOKING at the two cars.
The caldina is larger but useable space wise MMM I'm not convinced

sam284, Jan 12, 8:10pm
Thanks so muchGuys. I have looked at both, but was just wondering if there were any pros or cons of each I hadnt noticed .If we did get a Fielder it would be the 1.8, likewise the Caldina I think (although would consider the 2000cc)

curlcrown, Jan 12, 8:52pm
Be warey if the caldina has the D4 engine.

trdbzr, Jan 12, 9:42pm
Avoid the 2L Caldina if it has the D4 engine.

sam284, Jan 12, 10:14pm
thanks for the comments about the D4 engine.thats the kind of thing Id never know to look out for!

mr_driver, Jun 22, 8:25am
Caldina vs Fielder? Which car is more reliable and durable?