Toyota Signature Class - what a joke

Page 2 / 2
krisbop, Mar 4, 2:50am
sig range are mint cars they respray to cover stone chips and lite surface scratches, basically so the car is as brand new as possible for the customer inside and out. and yes it is 5 years unlimited kms warranty, and wofs, and aa road service.

vtecintegra, Mar 4, 2:52am
Not what the Toyota site says: http://www.toyota.co.nz/UsedVehicles/AboutSignatureClass.htm

3 years and no mention of paint at all (I'd imagine it'd be on a case by case basis)

krisbop, Mar 4, 2:58am
Its 5 years 100%

mottly, Mar 4, 3:01am
that's because they've got dents, sometimes forklift scrape's, usually been lightly knocked around - parts of the interior falling off - reek of tobacco.rather buy a decent 2nd hand car. Obviously krisbop is makin money outta them :)

vtecintegra, Mar 4, 3:02am
You'd think they'd mention that on the official Toyota website then

Edit: added quote

krisbop, Mar 4, 3:18am
no at all, i just love cars its my passion and i follow toyota, majority of sig cars are nz new not imported, the imported ones are called sbt (sourced by Toyota)and go through the same criteria as sig but have 2 year waranties. i only feel so strong about it because i have seen exactly how there flawless system runs and its quite amazing. and no they dont reek of tobaco they dont even import smoked in vehicles. I would gues the ones you have seen have been sbt but all imports turn up filthy. fyi the 5 year sig waranty is only until end of this month

boojum, Mar 4, 8:05am
http://www.toyota.co.nz/PromotionalSpace/Great+Offers , 5 years unlimited km warranty, 5 years AA roadside assist, 5 years WOF checks

brad166, Mar 4, 8:26am
krisbop wrote:
sig range are mint cars they respray to cover stone chips and lite surface scratches,

Wouldn't quite say they are all mint cars. Most sig class cars are ex rentals and as such have had a ton of different people drive them like they stole them and have all sorts of repairs done, some good, some not.

Really not sure I would buy one just because it has been serviced during its time with a rental company and would rather buy 2nd hand off someone who has owned itand had regular servicing done, compared to the drive it like you stole it ex rental signature class car.

brad166, Mar 4, 8:29am
kazbanz wrote:

Do you work for Toyota! Have you been into their Sig range facility!
I have

I dont work for toyota but was contracted to do the checks on their cars before shipping to the thames plant and having seen the state of some of these cars I would not be buying one just to get free wofs for 5 years
As you are implying, a reputable car dealer is probably the better choice.

movnon, Mar 4, 10:15am
haha - maybe a cut & polish.

franc123, Mar 4, 10:43am
I think what kaz is trying to say here is not that Sig class cars should be avoided, but more that you are paying a large premium for product that is often no better than what you would get from another reputable dealer.Toyotas reconditioning process is no doubt done to a high standard but you do have to question why is it necessary on such late model vehicles!If a 3yo/50K vehicle needs large parts of the body/bumpers etc resprayed you have to wonder how it has been treated in that time.Most dealers will tell you that stone chipping for example is hardly the issue it is on imports compared to NZ new vehicles of the same age/kms.

rpvr, Mar 4, 7:06pm
I was thinking of buying a signature range Toyota as my next car when I retire in 2012, but if they are all resprayed, then I will have to rethink. In my experience paint issues are much more likely with a resprayed car than one with the original factory paint.

mottly, Jun 15, 5:53pm
for you and kazbanz, I worked for toyota for 4 years - and yes, they do all reek of tobacco - the groomers have to scrub the hell out of the interior, because it's all brown from nicotine - they have a hell of a job cleaning the hoodlinings etc.IMO I would buy one, but I'd be super carefull in my choice :) Edited to say although the speedo readings are supposed to be guaranteed, why did some of them come through with the dash's loose!I don't trust that either.