Toyota Signature Class - what a joke

Page 1 / 2
robertsons-nes, Mar 2, 8:39am
well certainly sounds rather bad about the fact that the mileage was run up .personally would be taking it right to the very top personally wet seats,mileage run up excessive,problem not fixed,huge time delays and mucking around personally would want full refund

gilligan2, Mar 2, 8:41am
Oh well Live my the sword die by the sword

im_andrew, Mar 2, 8:46am
The battery is not something that would have been caused by the workshop, and the fuel used is expected - fault finding often does take a bit of driving.

Sounds like they dropped the ball pretty badly on the other points, though

vtecintegra, Mar 2, 8:48am
Sounds plausible.

im_andrew, Mar 2, 8:52am
Agreed, tire damage normally is caused by driving over things.

ginga4lyfe, Mar 2, 8:54am
that is doubt-able if the battery is the same one from new, then leaving the doors open and leaving the battery to drain needing the battery to be recharged CAN damage the battery in that way, but then again, if it was that easy to damage the battery its better to know about it now than run into problems down the road

smac, Mar 2, 9:08am
Why the big whinge about buying signature class! The complaints seem to be with regard to the service.

clark20, Mar 2, 9:52am
It didn't actually do those KM, just they took it for a drive and did maybe 16L/100km while it was used to be 10, then the computer recalculates less distance to empty. My car goes from 480km to 300 in no time with a little excess use of the throttle.

sw20, Mar 2, 10:09am
All Signature Class means is that they give it a respray.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 2, 11:17am
+3

richardmayes, Mar 2, 6:10pm
Tyres and batteries are service items, they wear out even on Toyotas.If the only thing wrong with your car is a squeak that your passenger can't even hear unless you wind your window down and point it out to them, I think it is incredibly harsh and a bit disproportionate that you are rubbishing the whole Toyota Signature class product.

(1) Did they explain to you what they thought the "squeaky noise" was and how they had fixed it! Did you ask them! If you were happy to pay them $150 to wash and vacuum your car for you, I don't see why $170 (600-280-150=170) to trace a fault that you asked them to look at is a problem!

(2) Newness/condition of tyre has little to do with whether a sharp object will puncture it or not. I don't see how the garage could have caused this, perhaps you really really did run over a nail / screw / bit of glass / whatever!

(3) The Odometer is the only impartial measure of how many km the garage drove your car while they had it. I would be pissy if I believed their boss cynically took my car home for the night because he felt like some free commuting, but it's pretty difficult to know if this is really what happened.!

(4) Batteries die, even on Toyotas.

(5) Why were your seats wet/smelly! This sounds like the only part of your story that is potentially worth getting upset about.

dr.doolittle, Mar 2, 6:49pm
Your car may have even been running on a hoist for some time to listen for the'squeaky noise',which probably left with you.
That might explain the mileage.

kimbo88, Mar 2, 7:08pm
A more accurate indicator would be to take a note of the odometer reading when checking it in for servicing, because as stated above there is often a lot of test running required where the vehicle may not even be on the road at all.Noting the km reading on the odometer when you drop it in will give you peace of mind as to what amount of test driving was actually done.

eagles9999, Mar 2, 7:59pm
Poor little mouse probably died.

elect70, Mar 2, 11:46pm
Tyreshredded, definatley been driven over some thing . Happened tome so walked back along the road & found remains of part of exhaust pipe, but didnt feel it running over it .But the rest is shoddy customerservice , complain to HO if think it will do any good but bet it will go in file 13 . As they say there is always another sucker just around the corner .

welshdude, Mar 3, 8:16am
Potentially, but that depends how much you pay. We bargained the sticker price down considerably and have been delighted with our Signature Class car. We have had it 8 years, done 110,000km in it and it hasn't missed a beat.

rotormotor7, Mar 3, 8:44am
indeed. no more

__QQ
(__)">
).squeak squeak

smac, Mar 3, 6:43pm
I'm not arguing that you got boned with the service (including $150 for a clean) I just don't see the connection with buying a signature class car.Is there some promise of standard of service that comes with signature class! I thought it was all about the (supposed) quality and preparation of the car.

phillip.weston, Mar 3, 9:00pm
from what I skim read from this thread is that Signature Class cars never should have tyres degrade no matter what you run over AFTER they have been checked. Reality check is needed.

3tomany, Mar 3, 10:02pm
my ford ranger had the battery die after 2 years and all i did was ring the number on the windscreen and a ford mechanic came started the car and told me to drive to there workshop to check it and after testing they replaced it no charge to me and away i went no drama

mottly, Mar 3, 10:21pm
if you saw what most of the sig class cars looked like 'before' they ended up on the yard, you wouldn't buy one :(

krisbop, Mar 4, 1:38am
Toyota is the worlds most reputable brand and sig class is not some rip of ploy, all sig cars are sent to Thames where they go through some what of a 365 point inspection and full respray. they have a 5 year warranty, 5 year aa rescue and 5 year free wof. its unacceptable to whinge about one dealerships service and blame the entire toyota group nz that is crazy. Sig class cars are generally only a few years old with very low kms so the remark from motly is false and frankly its highly possible you drove down the road and picked up a nail in your wheel aswel as i have done many of times

v8_mopar, Mar 4, 2:27am
Was but now its Nissan with Toyota close behind

krisbop, Mar 4, 2:29am
oh well close enuf

vtecintegra, Mar 4, 2:38am
Why on earth would you respray a two or three year old car!

Also the warranty and WOF are three years not five