Best 7 seater

farmerjohns, Mar 5, 3:00am
Hi all just wondering thoughts of people on a practicle 7 seater for longer trips with 4 kids.Am not interested in people movers so thinking captiva, santa fe etc.

mouse_y, Mar 5, 3:08am
Chrysler Voyager

drainpipe, Mar 5, 3:12am
I think the rear seats seats in anything other than a people mover would not be the best for long trips! hard to get into and they are usually small and low to the floor etc. we just sold our territory and bought a 04 nissan presage people mover which is really comfy for trips - easy to get in the back with the sideway sliding middle row and the full size seats in the back.

phillip.weston, Mar 5, 3:14am
Captiva, Territory, Outlander, Santa Fe, Sorento, CR-V, Journey etc. How much money are we talking about here! The range drastically drops down below $20k.

farmerjohns, Mar 5, 3:43am
phillip.weston wrote:
Captiva, Territory, Outlander, Santa Fe, Sorento, CR-V, Journey etc. How much money are we talking about here! The range drastically drops down below $20k.

Hi there phillip am thinking 20 - 30k like the look of the captiva but think a 2lt diesel not enough punch to tow caravan or boat so matbe the petrol model!Or your thoughts on the best of the other models!

fordcrzy, Mar 5, 3:49am
have a look at the santa fe or the kia version of it (sorrento!).

thejazzpianoma, Mar 5, 4:14am
Volvo's are great value at the moment. XC70 or XC90 may suit well. Much nicer on a long trip than most of the others on your list.

phillip.weston, Mar 5, 4:18am
Captivas start to give issues as early as 50,000kms. You'll find it's quite cramped inside also. The 3.2 V6 is powerful enough but remember it isn't built with towing or off-roading in mind. 2.0 Diesel is alright but is quite rattley and crude. If you are looking to tow a decent load I would look at the Territory Ghia.

billyfieldman, Mar 5, 6:28am
Honda stream and newer Honda Odysseys drives like wagons.

farmerjohns, Mar 6, 10:03pm
Thanks for that I think you are dead right and now thinking of leasing 2 new vehicles one being a 7 seater and the other a navara or bt 50 or similiar ute so think we will take all kids and have a look around.

ric7, Mar 7, 12:11am
highlander

thejazzpianoma, Mar 7, 8:14am
If you are looking at the BT50 take the Amarok for a blast. Its a whole different ball game. The Amarok engines are miles ahead of the competitors and they have actually thought things through. like being able to put a whole pallet on the back without the wheel wells getting in the way.

Just ignore the CC rating on the Amarok VW know how to get HP out of smaller engines so the rating means nothing. Just drive it, tow something and test it on the hills to get what I mean.

Since you are at VW anyway you might want to check out the Touran or Touran Cross as a companion vehicle. Take one for a drive and you will understand why.

ianalice1, Mar 7, 9:31pm
We gota 1999 Honda Odyssey, 2.3 VTec, goes real well, even with all the seats full with grandbabies. Pretty good on fuel, if you don't boot it too much. If you gona buy an Odyssey, make sure it's Vtec, goes much better.

dlmckay, Mar 7, 10:34pm
I have a 97 Odyssey and really like it.The two back seats are a little light on leg room, however, the middle row of three have acres of leg room.I do wonder if it would have been better to put the middle row on rails, then one could have evened out the leg room for the passengers!

jezz43, Mar 7, 11:56pm
late model nissan safari. can have up to 7 seats, tows damn near anything. and comes in petrol or diesel.

basti, Mar 10, 10:00am
toyota lucida,2.2 turbo diesel,8 seater,middle row moves forward, and or rear facing. tows boat/caravan easily

hotrodtodd1, Mar 10, 9:57pm
Look at a Chev Suburban. Sure they are a bit bigger than most, but they are way better than most (who have never owned one) would claim them to be.

hotrodtodd1, Jul 7, 1:47pm
There are some 3.2VW Tow-rags out there in your price range too. And with gas price on the up and up, possiibly you could get a V8 one for under $30,000