Pros/Cons of Toyota Ipsum

basenjibabe, Jan 23, 2:40am
x1
I am looking for a new dog show vehicle and quite like the look and features of the Toyota Ipsum. Does anyone have some personal feedback on what these vehicles are like! The model i am looking at is a 2002, 2.4 Tip-Tronic auto.
I'm wanting to know comfort, fuel economy, power going up large hills etc
Cheers

mugenb20b, Jan 23, 2:42am
Good cars, no problems that I'm aware of, very easy to service, no cambelt, good power. I say go for it, but do get it checked out by your local mechanic before purchasing it.

gadgit3, Jan 23, 3:01am
Very good engine those AZ's but make sure you sight a service history or have someone take a quick look under the oil filler cap to see if it has had regular oil changes. This could cause issues down the track with sludging

fordcrzy, Jan 23, 6:10am
we have one. problems to look out for are:
worn steering rack bushes.very common and expensive to fix if you dont know how. make sure you get the mechanic doing the pre urchase inspection to go over the front steering and suspension with a fine tooth comb.ours has an annoying knock that no-one can find.
loads of room and the under floor storage is great.
plenty of power.
the only real downside is the auto box is pretty crappy around town. the gearbox "brain" controlling it makes it change at stupid times around town. on the open road its fine.Get one with the factory radio and reversing camera.they are awesome.

basenjibabe, Jan 23, 8:46pm
x1
Thanks for that. Any other feedback!

kazbanz, Jan 23, 11:30pm
pros--Plenty in all honesty. The 2.4 engine is a gem-quite fuel efficient andproven to be reliable.
The internal layout is great.
Mechanically I agree with fordcrzy re minor issues.
Now the only issues I have with the Ipsum is that other manufacturers and even other Toyota Models have.
The pressage,Toyota Isis and estima all have sliding passenger doors which I feel area huge improvement over normal doors.
The Pressage rear seats fold flat to create a HUGE 4 seater station wagon when you need it.
The only other issue is that they are more expensive than their competition.
In a nutshell --Ipsum is VERY good and finding the perfect vehicle is impossible anyhow

basenjibabe, Jan 29, 2:56am
x1
Does anyone have a manual for one of these! The navigation/radio panel is in Japanese, which is no good to us cos we can't read it!

kazbanz, Jan 29, 3:09am
Try a company callyed JPNZ--they advertise on here