Toyota ipsum

the-lada-dude, Jul 1, 9:26pm
radiator is weeping at top tank,would i be better off trying to get a new top tank @ trade and then getting rad repair people to do the swap or just give them the radiator and try and squeeze their price down ! in fact, i recon you could easily do the job yaself. it's only a matter of bending the tabs up swap tanks and bend tabs back down, or is that too easy ! anyone gone there !

INTRADE :you know someone with good prices !

mugenb20b, Jul 1, 9:58pm
I would let the radiator people deal with the whole job and you may be able to get the core rodded out at the same time.

Are you doing a job for someone who's on a budget!

the-lada-dude, Jul 1, 10:54pm
yeah !my ex believe it or not,mmmmi think i'll just pull the rad & let the rad people do the job, bugger it, i've got plenty of other work on my plate.
ta mugenb20b
have you found your euro dream car yet !

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 1:06am
Oh, your ex! Bummer. Get a second hand one maybe!

As for my dream Euro car! Yes, plenty (again, I like French cars, like Peugeot 405 Mi16, 406, 306, 106 Rallye, 205 GTi, Renault 5, Citroen BX, etc.). But my wife just gave birth to our fourth child, so I'm just going to focus my time on the family for now rather than playing with cars.

Although, I'm constantly keeping an eye out for any cheap doer-uppers in our area as a lot of people break down over here for some reason.and being my luck I had on overheated Cavalier here recently.which I didn't really want to know about to be honest.

the-lada-dude, Jul 2, 1:19am
congratulations : what ever you buy, it will have to be a family mover !
and also dreams cost nought

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 1:24am
Thanks Rob. Yes, people movers.got two of them now, a '95 Honda Odyssey and a few months ago we bought 2001 Hyundai Trajet V6. Both are very good cars, but have no soul.

the-lada-dude, Jul 2, 4:12am
for goodness sake, be super careful of that hyundai.those v6 eng won't take any overheat at all !apparently the eng will be totaled as the castings are so thin they warp the heads and blocks.
so i'm told, ( i could be wrong )but that info came from a hyun dealer!
i was going to bid on one that was coming up 4 auction with blown h/g but after hunting around for parts and info, i quickly flagged that idea

mugenb20b, Jul 2, 5:07am
Oh, damn. I didn't know they were so fragile. It's got an aluminium block so what you say does make sense. The Trajet weighs 1.8 tonnes and its 182 hp motor feels rather flat when you give it beans, but it's got good torque and is very nice to drive. Transmission is absolute garbage, I hope it lasts, it's been well serviced and it's got an a/m oil cooler fitted.

supernova2, Jul 2, 5:11am
The Kia V6 is bad news in the early Carnival butnot sure if same applies to the Hyundai Trajet.

the-lada-dude, Jul 2, 5:29am
you may be right, apparently the late model v6 is better !
perhaps we should boil the brains outa one & see !
HEY, anyone out there wanta help with an experiment !