"Nissan Wingroad" VS "Toyota Ipsum"

jabbahutt, Oct 29, 7:52am
Hi there . I am needing help between 2 possible vehicles
1. "Nissan Wingroad" 1.6RX 2006, 6 speed tiptronic automatic, with mileage of 68,800km and fuel eco of 4.5 star rating, asking for $14,995.00
2. "Toyota Ipsum" 2004, 2WD automatic, with mileage of 77,943km unsure of fuel eco, 7 seater and asking for $14,990.00 . I don't know fuel consumption for this one . its for a family of 4, travelling to and from work 64km 5 days a week!.
At the moment these 2 are sticking out as "POSSIBLE" purchases . I would absolutely appreciate your professional feedback as I know nothing about either of these models . Help is much appreciated!.

andy61, Oct 29, 8:03am
The Toyota would be the better pick.

petal_91, Oct 29, 8:10am
The Nissan will be CVT . Good in theory for fuel efficiency, but in practice not very reliable and very expensive to fix. Go with the Toyota .

stevo2, Oct 29, 8:13am
Another vote for Toyota although they are both good cars.

n1smo_gtir, Oct 29, 9:25am
Unless all the people in the family are small like many japs the wingroad be abit of a tight squeeze. We gt a wing road, pretty good with economy till we hit steep uphills.

thegreycat, Oct 29, 9:45am
We have an ipsum. good car just check for a worn steering rack/bushes.Our rack was replaced (thanks to Toyota SBT warranty :).

2daniel2, Oct 29, 11:46am
We have just had the same decision to make either a Nissan Wingroad, Honda Odessey or the Toyota Ipsum and ended up going with the Toyota Ipsum.WE LOVE IT and so glad we made the right choice!

kazbanz, Oct 29, 9:07pm
OP you have me scratching my head over this one. These are such totally different vehicles I really find it hard to say which is a better vehicle FOR YOU
Is it great fuel economy,huge load space and 5 seats you need!
Is it a comfortable 7 seater you need realising that the 2.4l motor isn't anywhere near as economical.!(its got good fuel economy for what it is)
Personally I wouldn't buy either given its primary purpose is to commute.
My choice if its open road driving would be a Nissan bluebird/pulsar1800 sedan. 1800cc so good power.Normal gearbox and a 4.5 star rating.
Incidently that 14995 is IMO around 3k over the top price wise for an 06 wingroad .

aboylikedave, Oct 29, 9:10pm
We have just bought an excellent condition Mazda Premacy 2005 with 66k for 10,350. Those seem a bit pricey!

jabbahutt, Nov 1, 6:34pm
x1
Thank you to everyone who have commented . definitely some food for thought!.

jabbahutt, Nov 1, 6:40pm
Hi there . am just wanting to know out of curiosity is this vechicle very thirsty . as when I looked at it I had no idea it was a 2.4 is yours the same too!.Decisions-Decisions

kazbanz, Nov 1, 7:33pm
jabba--The ipsum of that generation is a 2.4 engine and gets a 3.5 star rating and from memory the consumption level was the lowest FOR THAT SIZE VEHICLE.underlinining that last bit because thats an importand differentiation.
I did think about this a bit for you. If you need the better economy then have a look at a toyota ISIS or Wish 1800VVTi. this is still a 7 seater but is ndown economy wise where the wingroad is

nathanmac, Nov 3, 3:09pm
Sorry I'm a wee bit tipsy at this hour but we bout a 2001 Ipsum a few months ago and it's the best car in the world for family purposes.Fuel economy is fine - remember it's a 7 seater with room for everyone, not an 800cc one seater.

We've done enough miles in ours under different conditions to be absolutely stoked with our purchase.I'm not sure whatb OP's needs are as it's a wee bit hard readin right at this minute, but nothing ticked all the boxes for interior configuration, options and driveability like these Ipsums do.Cruises well with a good load of people and all their stuff and eats hills well enough too.Would hate to be trying that with anything less of a donk.

Just sayin, but each to their own. good luck with your selection OP.

kazbanz, Nov 3, 9:59pm
Nathen --when ya sober up matey have a read of the OP's needs.
Don't get me wrong I like the Ipsum as a people mover. Personally prefer the Presage but thats a moot point.
For the Op's needs an ipsum is an uneconomical choice imo