Which vehicle to choose please?

justme..., Jun 18, 3:58am
Hi, I'm a single mum with 3 children, looking at a new-to-me vehicle!I need the size of a station wagon for holidays, sports events etc, and am currently looking at these ones:
-Mazda 6 GSX, 2004
-Mazda Premacy Sport 2004
-Toyota Corolla GL 2006
-Toyota Fielder XG 2001
-Toyota Fielder 2004
Subaru Impreza S'wagon 2003

Any advice please.I think I need to stay under 2000cc or so to keep insurance costs down and so I don't end up with a gas guzzler, right!Are any of these vehicles streets ahead of the rest!Pleasehelp.also, must be automatic.

grangies, Jun 18, 3:59am
Oh Dear.

You forgot to include Volkswagen in your list.

Jazzpianoman is going to give you a stern lecture.

johnf_456, Jun 18, 4:00am
Budget!
The dude with the fiat tats on his forehead will be here soon.

justme..., Jun 18, 4:04am
Budget, probably up to about 12,000 max, would prefer around 10,000thanks.

justme..., Jun 18, 4:06am
I also don't want to spend a fortune servicing etc, and it must be super reliable!Another demanding female!

thejazzpianoma, Jun 18, 4:44am
VW Touran,
Thats the car that is streets ahead of the rest. It is a good decade ahead of the others technology wise.
It uses a really clever 6 speed DSG gearbox which gives you most of the advantages of a manual (economy, low service requirements etc) with all the ease of use of an automatic. In fact if you wern't told you wouldn't realise it wasn't an automatic underneath.
The VW is very reliable, super safe (around 10 airbags) it has an extra seat that folds into the floor for your kids friends, its got plenty of go and its super economical.

VW Parts are cheap, and service requirements are basic.

They are way way underpriced in NZ too, there have even been a few sold under 10K lately.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 18, 4:49am
Good to see you keeping people in line Deputy Grangies.
As you were.

hounddog2, Jun 26, 3:47am
You think they can go 260km !