People who drive autos with the brakes always on

Page 3 / 3
richardmayes, Jun 4, 4:51am
ALL PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME ARE COMPLETE D!CKHEADS, AND THEIR D!CKHEADDERY IS OF CAPS LOCK WORTHY PROPORTIONS!

(But seriously if you get used to left-footing the brake in an automatic, what are you going to do when you get into a manual car!

You'll have to re-think a lot of your foot movements, and you don't want to be doing that, there's other less fundamental stuff you need to be thinking about when you're driving a car.

Have one set of cockpit drills, that applies to all cars, and life will be much easier. Especially if you have to drive a number of different work cars in one day. )

rta777, Jun 4, 4:53am
I'm a courier in and around greater Auckland and I see this (leaving foot on the brake pedal) a lot.If it is engaging the brakes and not just setting the brake lights off then it will be wearing out their brakes.I keep my distance from all drivers and I keep more distance from these drivers -.it's a clue that they may not be the best of drivers.Simple - just like the give way to right rule. really. ;)

ema1, Jun 4, 9:38am
Who are you calling THICK Mr Fixit!
I'll wager that the vast % of drivers of automatic vehicles use both feet.
I always have and won't be changing anytime soon.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 9:43am
Good point, this is road driving not a race track.

ema1, Jun 4, 9:47am
Well actually I do drive both types regularly and trucks too.
Strewth I don't know where you are coming from.
If you pilot an aircraft you know what to do and get familiar and gain confidence with it before going solo and the same should be said about the different forms of vehicles you drive also.
e.g. You just don't go get in and drive a truck like you would a car do you ,
I guess there are those that don't agree to their peril, same goes with a lot of 4WD vehicles compared to cars.
The handling differences of each type any driver MUST become used to but unfortunately lots of folks think they are 10' tall and bullet proof and lots with that mentality tend to end up as statistics pity.
Apparently there are those who think they know it all first go and live by their habits either good or bad.
Time tells all in the end.right.
With over 3 million kms logged and countless more kms un logged I haven't ever had an issue with "thinking about what foot to use and when and in whatever vehicle I'm driving.be it manual or automatic or otherwise"" Period.
I suggest lack of concentration comes into play along with other facets where concentration is required fully at all times when driving.simple as that!
You only have to see what happens at intersections and roundabouts where people clearly don't know their left from their right let alone what foot is mean't to be doing what when switching between manual & automatic vehicles.

ema1, May 6, 11:07pm
Thick Heads Baaaaaaaargh, I never mentioned what variousvehicles are designed for I was drawing the comparison between driving a clutch less forklift (basically automatic.) and automatic cars.For gods sake.and the use of both feet ( in my case)when driving those vehicles.