Electronic key not activating ignition

Page 2 / 2
pup2, May 28, 9:13pm
Manufacture has told us the charging needs to be reset via the manufacture's computer if the battery is disconnected. Otherwise the alternator overcharges on the new models. Bit off topic, but to late now:)

pup2, May 28, 9:14pm
OUCH

bigfatmat1, May 28, 10:50pm
yes total job was around $25000

rkauto, Jun 1, 9:25am
From AA quick reference guide,
''The key is not being recognised for what ever reason.
Try in the first instance ,by removing the smart key from the igntion switch,then reinserting it half a dozen times.If this is not successful disconnect the battery for 1 minute then reconnect.If the key still does not turn try a spare key or tow to dealer.''
Worth a go but have not tried this method myself.Goodluck.

for_an_angel, Jun 1, 9:39am
Had a C200 on the lot, The salesman went out one day to do a monthly battery check and hay what do ya know dam thing wont start.all lights still working so I went and had a look I managed to get it going by jumping a wire from +ve to the starter. Had it scanned for codes and off it went to a merc dealer in Hamilton for a new key and ign barrel 2k later and the dam things still sitting there on the lot.but it starts now lol

snoopy221, Jun 1, 10:11am
Mean while over in general there is a thread titled.
Whats the best vehicle you've owned
post four reads.
mercedes c200, but then i bought it after owing a toyota cavalier so it might just seem awesome by comparison

mmkay

unclejake, Jun 1, 10:19am
^ Post of the month!

outbidyou2, Jun 1, 11:19am
keen to know what happened OP

johnf_456, Jun 1, 10:14pm
out of sync

robbiexmas, May 2, 7:56am
Haven't tried anything yet still waiting to get it trucked back from Merc Dealer.Will try a bunch of these things next week and let you all know if any of them worked.