Help, caldina issue

ontwowheels, May 11, 4:56am
Soooo, aftersitting for 5 weeks while overseas, my caldina has had its engine Gbox etc put back in with new clutch, waterpump, cambelt etc.
When I started it for the first time the engine check light is on, and the headlights were real dim, but got brighter with higher rev's. The battery was fully charged prior to going back in and the car was running fine prior to being pulled apart for a new clutch. It is a 96 Caldina 2l N/A 3fse.

Can someone please give me some ideas as to what I have fucked up that could cause this fault, and buying a 4x4 caldina is allready on my list of faults so please do not start there!

Thanks heaps
Damian

thunderbolt, May 11, 5:01am
Missing or loose Earth wire to the gearbox or body somewhere!

Have you checked the alternator is charging ok!

ontwowheels, May 11, 5:09am
No, car is at a mates place and when i got to this stage it was late sun night. I am heading there tomorrow arvo, so want to go armed with as many possibilities as I can. Loose earth is what I figured, but I am pretty sure they are done up, and in the right place.
could that fault or the alternator bring on the engine light!
Also how do I reset the computer on these! Just by disconnecting the Battery!

TIA

johnf_456, May 11, 10:36am
To reset just disconnect battery and pump the brake pedal.

r15, May 11, 10:46am
pumping it will only give you a tired leg. just having the door light on is enough to do the desired discharging effect

franc123, May 11, 10:48am
+1, you need to be getting the ground connections checked, there are often several of them on many Jap motors for some reason.Headlight strength that varies with engine RPM is a typical symptom of this.

johnf_456, May 11, 10:49am
Not really by pumping to hold the brake down, why not take a quick rest and pump the pedal down at the same time and hold it.Not that hard to sit in the seat and hold a pedal down. Always used this method of holding the brake pedal down, don't see the problem personally.

for_an_angel, May 11, 10:55am
Removing EFI fuse for 5 min will clear codes and still retain the clock and pre set stations on radio

ontwowheels, May 11, 7:16pm
thanks guys. will let you know how I get on this arvo. hopefully itsnot raining by then!

ontwowheels, Feb 10, 8:59am
soooo, I unplugged all the plugs systimatically and gave them a clean, reset the computer, and its all go!

Now.the clutch has all its play right at the bottom of the travel for the pedal. It has been flushed and bleed. I have had a look and it does not seem to be adjustable. How ca I fix this problem so the clutch action is further out- at the moment it doesnt even seem to fully disengage.

Again TIA