Vehicle with License on hold

elvis58, Apr 29, 8:23am
When someone buy's a vehicle that has been put on hold, does it stay that way when changed into new owners name or will the new owner have to re do it! Thanks.

smac, Apr 29, 8:43am
It stays on exemption, the expiry is unchanged by the change of ownership.

elvis58, Apr 29, 9:02am
Thanks, that was my understanding too, but i saw something here a while ago saying the new owner needed to do it again.

mrfxit, Apr 29, 10:31am
New owner NEEDS to confirm the situation after change of ownership

FFS . it's plain old common sense

smac, Apr 29, 10:35am
mrfxit you're being ambiguous. The OP stated that the vehicle IS on exemption. There is no additional action needed other than the change of ownership (and of cause licensing or re-exempting when due).

crzyhrse, Apr 29, 10:41am
Exemption continues for new owner to its expiry.

neville48, Apr 29, 10:44am
yep, he's right yi know.

mrfxit, Apr 29, 8:05pm
Not really silly at all.
lots of ppl get caught out with all sorts of things all the time because they PRESUME & don't bother to recheck 'just to be sure"

crzyhrse, Apr 29, 10:48pm
I see the point mrfxit is making. Confirm for yourself that it is both actually on exemption from continuous licensing and that it has been continued. Just to be sure.

smac, Apr 30, 12:19am
Ya I know what he was trying to say (and I didn't say it was silly). I just said it wasn't said very clearly. The use of capitals and the wording made it sound like there was an extra step necessary for the exemption to continue.

You're right there are plenty of people that take the seller's word for the fact it's on hold (or even still registered at all), not a good move.

mrfxit, Apr 30, 1:49am
You may have noticed that theres often a lot of confusion with my written words because ppl constantly TRY to read between the lines.
I SAY what I mean most days & if it's an intended pun with a twist or hidden meaning then it's normally headed with a suitable emoticon or even an emoticon within the text.
I normally say what I mean or shut up. (yea, gets me in trouble at home fairly often either way)

NO offense or criticism intended to anybody in this thread, just a statement of fact.

crzyhrse, Apr 30, 4:48am
Works both ways too. My cousin bought a (vintage) car that the seller thought was deregistered. It wasn't. It was even on exemption! He knew beforehand and used the status in the sellers mind as a bargaining tool. LOL

johnf_456, Dec 27, 11:06am
Nice bargain