V6 commie, still have air bubbles in the cooling.

hatchback, Apr 21, 6:09am
system. OK I had air bubbles in the radiator before so I replaced the head gaskets and the inlet manifold gaskets, new waterpump and thermostat but I am stillgetting a continuous bubbles while the eng is running. What is up, should I have had the heads crack tested! and info woukd be greatly appreciated.

franc123, Apr 21, 7:11am
yes you should have :).A few VT and VX models especially are having problems with cracked heads, not common by any means but it does happen.I take it the head faces were checked for trueness and machined if necessary while they were removed.

neell, Apr 21, 7:32am
did you bleed the air out of the system! Also how do you know there are bubbles in the water! How did you check for them! What year are we talking about!

hatchback, Apr 21, 10:10am
No I havent bleed the air out of the thermo housing, its a series two vp type eng. When I filled the system back up with water and run the eng for a while and was filling it as it pumped water around, the bubbles started and continued for the 5 minutes that the eng was running. When I shut it down it released alot of water out through the filler. When I stripped the engine down before the head gaskets showed no signs of leaking but the inlet gaskets looked like they may have been. Thanks for the info people.

hatchback, Apr 22, 6:36am
Thanks everyone for your input, I bled the system through the thermo housing and all seems good, the car was idling for about 10 mins and the temp gauge was nice and low

johnf_456, Nov 27, 4:10pm
Good to hear it was an easy fix