Holden Dealer service and WOF's

spotswood, Apr 16, 5:04am
Recently I took my 2000 holden commodore for a 190km service and wof to a Nth Island dealer, they serviced it ok but the wof was a different story, i ended up with a $2900 quote for WOF repairs-worn brakes after 50k,rack etc, so naturally pissed off , so took it to VTNZ and low and behold for $51 got my new WOFwithout any of the quoted repairs work down. Is this an example of a business short of work or finding other work but describing it as a WOF issue

ice13, Apr 16, 5:10am
Typical Holden Dealer I got a 1999 ss Commodore I would never go to Holden to get it serviced or I would have the same trouble as you. I've got an awesome mechanic whom I trust with everything he does with my car , stuff going to the dealer. They seem to have a bad name in Aussie to.

clark20, Apr 16, 6:10am
I just had mine serviced by a Holden dealer and very happy with the service

im_andrew, Apr 16, 6:17am
Just because VTNZ didnt find the faults, doesnt mean they arent there.

rjgmjs, Apr 16, 6:22am
I think alot of WOF failures depend on the mechanic, regardless of dealership. My ex partner had a Mazda Capella 4 wheel steer, local garage failed it supposedly because of a worn rear steering part (cant remember the whole details). Short story was, she sold the car to her brother for $300.00, the big fella took it to VTNZ, and low n behold, the car flew thru its warrant, with NO FAULTS, drove it for ages, ended up taking that motor out and fitted it to a Telstar. Go figure.

evotime, Apr 16, 6:45am
Were the brakes failed for the wof or recommended for the service!
At a service you are checking that brakes will last until the next service interval 10000 km in your case, at a wof inspection (VTNZ) you are only checking that at the time of inspection the brakes are thicker than minimum thickness stated by the manufacturer.
Have you taken the car back to ask Holden what the story is, they at least deserve the opportunity to show you they were justified with their fail- if they weren't justified they need to know so they can monitor the mechanic.

brokebloke1, Apr 16, 8:30am
I just had mine serviced by Blackwells Holden, great service trouble free, even offered a couresty car.

julian.walls, Apr 17, 7:44pm
I lived and worked all round New Zealand and owned a number of Holdens and now own 2 classic Opels - The Following are best Holden/Opel dealers in my opinion after 31 years of driving
Blackwells in CHCH
Karmaru in Hastings
Waggs in Masterton
and Twin Lakes in Upper Hutt later to be remamed Williams & Adams Upper Hutt but sadly due downturn in car community is no more
However Sean at Mendonza here in Upper Hutt does a bloody good job (GM Holden appointed him after Twin Lakes died)

Worst in my opinion was Williams and Adams Wellington - who could not find their arse with both hands and their Service manager was not even a mechanic

as for Garages - true it depends on the mechanic there are scum bags - My partner years ago was failed by a group of guys who had a garage in the Hutt Valley who restored Skyline GT-Rs as a side side - failing her for wait for it "Dirty windscreen wipers" !

spotswood, Apr 18, 12:00am
many thanks for the comments,i would have been happy if they had given me the wof [as it was ofwof standard at the time ] and then said that these need to be done as they need repair/replacement and i would start budgeting for the work.

mrhsv_missxr8, Nov 21, 2:04am
Williams and Adams are a pack of useless c.ts. Stuffed up the warranty on my Holden Clubsport, cause they dont know how to do there paper work. Shane Mendonza in Upper Hutt is a god send! Hes the guy to take your Holden to.