Is this a possible scenario? oil pressure.

xacoon, Apr 10, 8:16am
lost all oil pressure in the falcon today, so pulled the distributor to see if I could get any pressure by winding the pump by hand. now when I went to put the socket on the shaft to wind the pump, found out the socket was too small and pushed the shaft down about 3/4 of an inch. couldnt find any problems so dropped the distributor back in and everything is happy again, is it possible that the shaft had slid up into the (aftermarket) distributor far enough that it would stop driving the oil pump!

xacoon, Apr 10, 8:17am
distributor is dui ex states for a mustang pre crossflow, should be the same as the aus pre crossflows!

berg, Apr 10, 9:10am
I've heard of this happening before. Yep you could be bang on with the prognosis. Might need a spacer/block placed in to stop it happening again

mrfxit, Apr 10, 9:10am
Without SEEING the parts . YEP.
Probably a good idea to find or make a longer shaft or fit some shims or spacerof some sort

xacoon, Apr 10, 9:22am
sweet, thought I was losing the plot with this diagnosis. thought about a small hole with a rollpin to stop it riding up, shouldnt be bugger all pressure pushing up so could get away with a tiny pin in theory! although a longer shaft would be easier. cant be a very common problem, surely!

xacoon, Apr 10, 9:33am
the dui is an absolute monster compared to factory unit, havent had them side by side today but would imagine there is a lot more room for the shaft to go for a wee wander.

xacoon, Oct 17, 7:12pm
yup solution will be pretty simple, just wanted to make sure it was a viable diagnosis before I went chasing a phantom solution. had never heard of this happening before, just thought I would see if others had