VS Commodore with VY wheels

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 12:09am
Just brought a set of VY SS wheels for my commodore but seeing theyre a bit wider theyre rubbing on the suspension quite badly, whats the best way of fixing this! i no its probly going to involve spending money.

moosie_21, Feb 4, 12:10am
Putting the originals back on.

attitudedesignz, Feb 4, 12:54am
Are tires OR rims rubbing! if tires then change them. Also will depend if your car is solid rear or IRS.

VB - VL = 43+

VN = 43+

VP = 43 + optional offset is 42 + or 31 + for V8 Exec sedan
VP Berlina = 26 +
VP ABS IRS = 26 +

VR Executive = 43 +
VR Executive wagon = 40 + or 43 +
VR Berlina sedan = 43 +
VR ABS IRS = 26 +

VS Exec wagon = 43 + or 37 +

VT Acclaim V6 = 26 + all other VTs are 43 +

VX all models are 43 +

VY Exec V6 = 43 +
VY SC V6 = 41 +
VY Exec wagon = 43 + or 41 + for the 5.7 L
VY2 = 43 +
VY2 SC V6 = 41 +

VZ Exec = 43 +
VZ Acclaim = 41 +

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 1:22am
Just the tyres not the rims, and only an issue on the fronts. solid rear though.

attitudedesignz, Feb 4, 1:34am
What size tires do they have!

attitudedesignz, Feb 4, 1:40am
Are they 18" x 8" rims, if so i have 18" x 8" HSV R8 rims on my VR ute with 235/40, they are close to the strut but at least 8-10mm clearance.

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 1:45am
yeah 18x8 and 235/40. theyre rubbing on the very base of the suspension, would hate to think what would happen if i even attempted to go for a drive, theres no clearance at all!

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 1:47am
wouldnt even say rubbing really, more pressed hard up against it haha. mate tells me spacers should do the trick.!

attitudedesignz, Feb 4, 1:58am
Spacers "would" do the trick but would need certifying.

Can ya post a pic' of rims, from what i can find VY SS rims should be fine.

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 2:03am
umm how do i post a pic!

attitudedesignz, Feb 4, 2:27am
Can you check offset, will be stamped inside rim somewhere.

Will either be 35p, 38p or 43p, 48p.

bigbadboysee, Feb 4, 11:22am
will do so in the morning, thats what a mate said could be the problem

jkm, Feb 4, 5:44pm
OT. hey attitude are ya going to take your ute to the inglewood car show on Monday. We are trying to line up a few holdens to display.

bigbadboysee, Feb 5, 6:52am
The offset is 48p. wont pretend to understand what this means exactly but yeah thats what it is haha

guest, Sep 26, 4:34am
True Religion Sale Cheap / I need to thank you a lot significantly more with the inbdlricee page you've got established in this case. It is actually stuffed with suggestions for people who find themselves really interested in that topic, particularly it highly report. Your are pretty much all shockingly sugary together with thoughtful involved with many people and in addition studying your web site items is a popular like my. And the like a real lucrative treasure! Margaret and that i will need entertainment with your strategies in what we need to do in the future. A lot of our service may be a mileage long and only place ideas may be offer outstanding apply.

guest, Sep 28, 10:14am
dirt bike sale / These days of austerity along with relvaite stress about taking on debt, many people balk against the idea of employing a credit card to make purchase of merchandise or perhaps pay for any gift giving occasion, preferring, instead to rely on the actual tried and trusted technique of making transaction raw cash. However, in case you have the cash on hand to make the purchase 100 %, then, paradoxically, this is the best time to use the card for several motives.aiyi9527$$$$$

guest, Sep 28, 3:55pm
kony / I do like the manner in which you have frmaed this matter and it does indeed give me personally some fodder for consideration. However, from just what I have personally seen, I really hope as the feed-back pack on that people today stay on point and not get started upon a soap box involving the news of the day. Anyway, thank you for this excellent point and although I can not concur with the idea in totality, I value your point of view.