VR commodore flat key battery.

markthesparky, Feb 7, 8:52am
send your cars details to holden and you should be able to get you a new key from them . 17 years is a good life time for a little battery

carmedic, Feb 7, 9:03am
Yes thank you, I??

carkeys4u, Feb 7, 9:07am
its either the key or bcm. also check all fuses and the wire connecting to ring around ignition. i would lean more towards bcm sometimes disconnecting battery may bring it back to life.

mugenb20b, Feb 7, 9:11am
I seem to recall that some Commodores had this 'doofer' (I don't know what it was) in the front passenger door jam, near the hinges that was giving problems. It was somehow related to the ignition key. I could be totally wrong, and I'm very sorry if that's the case, it was a long time ago, but I thought I should mention it.

gmphil, Feb 7, 9:16am
x1
There,s no valet key in glove box or passenger a pillar! Mine did same managed to get to work buy standing outside holding key just above winscreen over steerin wheel jumpd in and started quick smart lol to get me hme .was battery in key

carkeys4u, Feb 7, 9:16am
yep some have it. it uses a "zadi" key if yours has it connect the 2 wires together and it 'may' work. it is a bypass system. also note it is not easy to get to these wires. im not sure if that will fix a bung bcm tho

mugenb20b, Feb 7, 9:17am
That's the bugger! *Facepalm*

carmedic, Feb 7, 9:26am
No earlier ones had it (the ???valet key??

markthesparky, Feb 7, 10:04am
can you take apart the ignition and short our the key sensor

electro2000, Feb 7, 10:22am
doesn't work it's a serial data string it's looking for.

electro2000, Feb 7, 10:25am
The later VR have timed over ride, leave the key in the ignition with it on for 45 minutes you will see the security led stop flashing ,it will then start several times till the drivers door is opened.
If it doesn't work then a faulty bcm.

been there with a bleeding vs spent a lot of time researchingthe holden vats system

carmedic, Feb 7, 6:57pm
Not an auto sparky are we!

carmedic, Feb 7, 7:03pm
Ok so my gut might be right!
If I get a s/h BCM and it's matching key head will that run! i.e. will it just plug and play!