Caldina 2002+, Difference btween Z & ZT models?

jmpcwiz, Feb 18, 8:27am
Looking at purchasing the above car, whether 2002-2005, but I am wondering what the difference is between the Z & ZT models. By looking on TM i've notice the ZT has alloy wheels. can anyone help please!

jmpcwiz, Feb 18, 8:42am
So found some differences on a website.finally.
Major difference that is noted is just the Tyres.

215/45ZR17 Steel radial (17x7JJ alloy + center ornament) ZT
VS
195/65R15 91S Steel radial (15x6JJ steel + resin full cap) Z

What does this mean in normal terms. Pros and cons for each by chance!

jmpcwiz, Feb 18, 8:42am
So found some differences on a website.finally.
Major difference that is noted is just the Tyres.(minor interior changes)

215/45ZR17 Steel radial (17x7JJ alloy + center ornament) ZT
VS
195/65R15 91S Steel radial (15x6JJ steel + resin full cap) Z

What does this mean in normal terms. Pros and cons for each by chance!

unbeatabull, Feb 18, 8:43am
I have a feeling the ZT would be the Turbo engine! Not sure on the newer ones, I know the older Caldinas were GT and GT-T where the GT-T was turbo version.

Alloy wheels have more grip, better cooling for brakes etc, look better, and cost a lot more for new tyres and will most likely need them more often!

terckon, Feb 18, 9:02am
Alloy wheels have more grip, better cooling for brakes etc, look better, and cost a lot more for new tyres and will most likely need them more often![/quote]
Alloy wheels do not have more grip, the tyres determine the grip. Your brakes will not require better cooling unless you get into a situation where you have brake fade which is caused by overheating of the brakes. This is something that will never happen under normal driving conditions and with no modifications to your car. It is not normally the wheels that will cool your brakes dramatically either. Vented discs, drilled and slotted brake rotors will cool your brakes a lot more than wheels will.

guest, Aug 10, 4:15pm
Can a caldina zt be upgraded to a gt 4?