Ga16 to Sr20 conversion in n14 pulsar

morrisman1, Feb 20, 5:22am
G'day, I am researching what I will need to do when ripping out the GA16de and putting in a SR20VE engine in a N14 Pulsar/sentra. It is already a manual transmission.

The SR20VE didnt come with a manual box unless its the rare and expensive 6 speed unit. Specific questions I have and hopefully someone can answer are:
~ is the sr20ve computer happy to run without the CVT transmission connected up
~ Confirmation that a GTI pulsar LSD box will bolt up
~ Are the engine mounts for the SR18 in a GTi pulsar suitable to fit onto the SR20ve engine!
~ Hubs , driveshafts and CVs required. Will need larger brakes anyway so what would be the best donor for these!

Of course if you have any other things to add I am eager to hear them. Thanks in advance

clark20, Feb 20, 5:32am
My nephew has turboed his SR20 bluebird and makes 300hp+. He says the Nissan brakes are easy upgrade and skyline ones could fit. Them or Maxima ones I would look at first.

cassandra13, Feb 20, 6:23am
check out the nissan forums plenty of experts on there

male_timaru, Feb 20, 6:30am
hey morrie

Been told those SR20VE motors are thirsty as buggers - watch out for that

cfs, Feb 20, 6:40am
Mt I wish you would change your user name. You give timaru a bad name. Where did he say economy was a factor!

trdbzr, Feb 20, 6:44am
his other username is usdefault

male_timaru, Feb 20, 7:05am
Long time no complain Murray - you are right though - he never did say anything of the sort - i was merely stating the fact that was presented to me by someone who has done an sr20ve conversion in a car of theirs - that was all

and to the other person - no "usdefault" or whatever is not me in any way shape or form thanks

un_known, Feb 20, 7:58am
im just curious do uknowif it actually makes 300hp, or is that what your nephew said/thinks it makes, cause the 2 are generally vastly different.

morrisman1, Feb 20, 8:07am
Economy couldnt matter less, it is to be in a race car.

flashgordon_nz, Feb 20, 10:21am
hey morrisman.yep, check out the aussie pulsar site regarding the conversion. it has been done before. popular method is buying a front cut.

clark20, Feb 20, 11:22am
Well the dyno sheet has 225kw at the wheels and it does 13.68 1/4s at 108mph, with little traction, what do you think!