Well made reliable and safe vehicle for daughter

amyjo, Mar 2, 8:45pm
Our family is not really into vehicles, so need some help in deciding on a good reliable vehicle for our teen daughter. Manual, can be a wagon, say up to $10k. Any suggestions most appreciated. Thanks

curlcrown, Mar 2, 8:50pm
Depends on a lot of factors. But Mazda 3 mazda 6 and suzuki swift a three I can think of that might be suitable.

kazbanz, Mar 2, 8:50pm
Amyjo--what kind of driving is she mostly doing. City or country!
How important is fuel economy!
Again I have to say the current best bang for buck has to be the mazda demio

amyjo, Mar 2, 9:25pm
we live 10 kms from town.just running in and out to school, friends and after school job

amyjo, Mar 2, 9:28pm
really want a car with airbags and good safety record.do mazda's meet this requirement !

spead, Mar 2, 9:39pm
vehicles may be safe.it is the drivers that are not.

kazbanz, Mar 2, 9:40pm
amyjo- any car in your budget will have airbags and abs brakes.
You will find Euro cars tend to have multiple airbags whereas Jap cars in your budget mostly will have two.
If its a school run car then I'd suggest maybee a nissan sunny or a demio as being in the price bracket

biggal, Mar 2, 9:48pm
That price range is difficult- it could have its share of lemons.If possible consider a car which you know accurately the history of or you can find out same from a trusted source.

therafter1, Mar 2, 9:52pm
Correct, so from my perspective that is where the airbags etc come into it. Most drivers are quite capable of managing their own safety and their own driving most of the time, what we can't manage is the driving of others any of the time. There will always be the possibility that you are going to find yourself in an unavoidable situation, and that is where air bags and the like come into it. If they can minimise the harm/injury that others can potentially inflict on you then they have their place.

amyjo, Mar 2, 9:52pm
thanks therafter.but we want a manual.cheers for help

amyjo, Mar 2, 10:29pm
thanks thereafter for your assistance.looks a good one.bit far away.will look for similar closer to home, which isDannevirke.good day for looking on computer.can't go outside storm just hitting here now.hope the power stays on :-)

michelle322, Mar 2, 11:53pm
Mondeo,s have auto problems,but this is manual.Wagon has not got good visibilityto reverse.I would look at a hatch or sedan like Nissan Sunny,Pulsar,Demio,Corolla.for-
your daughter.

cuda.340, Mar 3, 12:30am
i bought a Mazda 3 for my daughter. Manual hatchback, she loves it. was going to upgrade it now she has a handle on driving but she wont let me. chicks! d'oh!

rsr72, Mar 3, 12:47am
#1- Later model Toyota Corolla.

ema1, Mar 3, 10:48pm
Agree with rsr72's post. 100%