Ya see that sustained loss of traction by police

Page 1 / 2
gunhand, Mar 25, 5:03am
Car on the news, tsk tsk.

cybertrades, Mar 25, 6:29am
I even saw one not indicating around aroundabout yesterday.

patiki1, Mar 25, 6:30am
He must have been on a call,yeah right.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 25, 6:53am
Nice to see some of their crappy driving making the news though!

dave653, Mar 25, 9:35pm
Also seen one run a red light. not in a hurry either!
Lead by example please!

stevexc, Mar 25, 11:12pm
It was a couple of squeals, hardly sustained loss of traction.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 25, 11:14pm
Still an unnecessary waste of tax payer funded fuel and tyres.

towelynz, Mar 25, 11:18pm
Agreed.The law covers SUSTAINED loss of traction.

Maybe an unnecessary exhibition of speed or acceleration, but I think that would be just as hard to prove.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 25, 11:23pm
But equally difficult to defend if a private citizen were simply accused of 'sustained loss of traction' by a clown in blue despite the action being identical, merely because they failed the 'attitude' test (that's down to not falling to your knees and opening wide, hence I would fail it every time).

gunhand, Mar 26, 7:22am
Yea thats what I thought but not the point really when they would bust you me or anyone else for same action. I have no issue with them being "in a hurry" but they should practice what the preach in this circumstance. And He didnt have his beacons (or LEDs these days) on to justify it even.

klrider, Mar 26, 6:30pm
get over it.

magicmat, Mar 26, 6:33pm
Maybe so (I didnt see the offending clip) but imagine this was a male in their early 20's who was driving a 'sik' modified car. I wonder if the police would have considered this to qualify as sustained loss of traction! Well lets face it, we all know the answer to that.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 26, 8:56pm
With that precise description from a member of the public they'd be pursuing the 'offender' with great vigor.

richardmayes, Mar 26, 9:14pm
It's the slow-moving cop cars that flick on the disco lights to run an orange/red light, then immediately flick them off again and resume slowly cruising along again that piss me off. See quite a bit of that in Wellington in the evenings.

The lights are for emergencies. Having to sit through a red light sequence like any normal citizen meaning you are delayed by 30 WHOLE SECONDS on your way to Starbucks isn't an emergency.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 26, 10:58pm
Right after they get over their hypocrisy.

loose.unit8, Mar 26, 11:14pm
The public have been charged for as much, although the friend of mine who did get charged for a squeal trying to get into a gap argued it in court and won

pitchey, Mar 27, 1:55am
How is that incident relevant to this one!

slarty45, Mar 27, 2:05am
they got over it!

magicmat, Mar 27, 6:25am
Yes. that is about what I thought too.

807, Mar 27, 7:15am
in a hurry to get the doughnuts.

zephyrheaven, Mar 27, 7:23am
PIIIIIIIGGGGGGGSSSSSS

resolutionx, Mar 27, 7:30am
That is enough "evidence" they need toseize your car and charge you!

resolutionx, Mar 27, 7:32am
Don't you mean 30 seconds between the hot sweet donuts at dunkin donuts and the police.

a18a, Mar 27, 7:33am
"I didn't lose traction, it's right there on the road, see!"

klrider, Mar 27, 6:44pm
And your non related pathetic attempt at a long bow is!.