NZ Police Doing a good job

Page 1 / 3
romulan7, Jan 3, 8:41am
I await the knockers.lol

Bit of praise for commonsense that you always here the negatives from an I bet the twit involved would say negative things because of it.

Today had some twit in a BMW overtake me and the car that was following me as I was about to cross the centreline to avoid a broken down vehicle half obstructing the lane.Lets put it this way he nearly got collected the words nearly feature quite well.
Further down the road theres twit brain with Nzeds finest!.lol obviously travelling a bit quick.

Nek minut when I got to my destination this cop car pulls up!Cop comes over and says there was a complaint about my driving!Oh Oh.

Turns out the twit in the BMW had complained!Hmm fair enough.no problem officer we got GPS logging on this vehicle and a camera.
Oh dear that made things easy but not for the twit that made the complaint.lol.he has to deal with evidence that may just add another $150 to his speeding ticket.lol

romulan7, Jan 3, 9:47am
Oh yea forgot to add the GPS showed me doing 96kph at one point!The cop also used his common sense and did not issue a ticket.

p_rock, Jan 3, 9:52am
Good thing you had the GPS. But. 96 in what zone! lol.

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 9:57am
hey sounds cool. sounds like the cops are doing their job. But I cant help but wonder what would have happend had you not had proof that you were in the right! If you couldnt prove you were in the right, I cant help but wonder if you would be quite so cheerful about the outcome.

sw20, Jan 3, 4:03pm
Pretty much. Here is a ticket sunshine for $150. Its going to cost you more than that to take it to court so may as well bend over and pay up eh!

romulan7, Jan 3, 6:01pm
Well actually still would have been!The cop said the attitude of the BMW clown sucked anyways so was not giving much credit to what he said!Voulnteering the data we held though got the BMW driver into a bit more than what he already had .lol

lalbagh, Jan 3, 6:02pm
op I presume you were driving a truck or pulling a trailer, hence the 90k limit in what was otherwise a 100k zone.
Goon on the officer, he clearly focused on the offender who was causing greatest risk to the travelling public- the idiot passing you at what was clearly over 100kph on the other side of the road.
Wonder though- could he see the hazard ahead (the broken down vehicle) and predict your evasive action, or was your pulling out unexpected! Did you indicate to pass the broken down vehicle before he decided to pass you!

romulan7, Jan 3, 6:20pm
He certianly would have seen the Broken Down vehilce it was big enough and yes I was driving a Large vehicle type used to carry passengers (empty at the time).I was indicating early on more as a warning to the tailgater that was immediately behind me and more likely to try and pass hazzard unseen.To be honest it happened pretty quick one second I could see the BMW several car lengths behind the car behind who I could just about see through the back window.The next second the BMW is beside me!Looking at the video footage its a surprise he did not get a wheel in the gravel on the otherside a spin out.

The cop was amazed at the video footage caught and like he said makes the arguements of the other driver dumb to say the least.

The amount of people you read on this messegeboard who whinge about the cops and revenue gathering!What the heck do you do to upset them!Do you drive BMWs with attitude!

klrider, Jan 3, 6:22pm
They would not have done anything based on a third party say so. Likley warning on these occasions all the time. So sad you have to try and find some semblence of negative, that chip must weigh you down.

friendly_prawn, Jan 3, 6:30pm
sheesh, cry me a river. lol

jagman24, Jan 3, 7:09pm
well l never see them do anything about the one s who tailgate , and who have too drive like d heads, had one yesterday ,at somes ones place l no, go and turn my car around in st and next thing this 4wd with trailer going like a bat out of hell, and yes l did see him, and him me, he had time to stop, but keeped on going at that speed, to many on roads, like this tool,stops on top of me then tailgates a complete, tool

dr.doolittle, Jan 3, 7:23pm
So hows that the fault of the Police!

jagman24, Jan 3, 7:35pm
doolittle, as saying they do nothing about tailgaters, helps if you can read, mate, they let them away with it, l do 50k and just about every time when on the road l get some tool on my bumper, even had cops in the area at the time they do nothing, GOOD JOB RIGHT,UNLESS ITS MONEY FOR THE STATE , WHO CARES RIGHT,

dr.doolittle, Jan 3, 7:45pm
Helps more if you can string a sentence together.mate.

jagman24, Jan 3, 7:48pm
do little , says it all in your name have nothing better to do,have you , then talk it on here,say something worth saying and all the tools, come out to play, try to grow up mate,

lookoutas, Jan 3, 7:54pm
One question OP.
How long had the BMW been following you!

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 3, 7:54pm
So you moved out of your lane without checking for vehicles on your right thus nearly causing a crash with someone legitimately overtaking. Hey, but at least driving under the speed limit at least makes you feel like a good driver, eh, even if the reality is somewhat different.

wrong2, Jan 3, 8:03pm
BMW driver finally gets past romulan & then gets done for speeding just down the road

yeah, he wasnt being held up & didnt complain for any reason whatsoever aye

tuis all round looks like

dr.doolittle, Jan 3, 8:14pm
From what I can make out, you 'deliberately'did a U-turn ("turn my car around in st") in front of another vehicle you thought you knew was speeding. He didnt slow down & now you're upset!
Perhaps if the Police were present it's you who should have been ticketed for dangerous driving!

therafter1, Jan 3, 8:41pm
I don't know why you guys are bothering with this dude, no trades, member since November 2011, so probably a reincarnation of someone that has taken a beating in this very forum in a previous life so has come back to have another go from another angle, a troll in other words.

Professional driver blah blah blah ! . For 9 years I managed a fleet of 130 vehicles, for the last 3 years a part of that management role encompassed the management of 12 'professional' drivers with licence classes sticking out of their ears. There was only 1 (one) yes 1 of those drivers that I would have classified as a good safe competent driver, the rest you had to make do with what was presented to you (no I didn't employ them, someone else was the 'expert' in that area). One of these 'professional' drivers was so bad that you could just about wager that every time he hit the road on any major sort of excursion complaints were going to come back from either his passengers or from other road users about his driving.

My first thoughts on reading the first post were along the lines of the thoughts of Friendly_prawn, and my next thoughts have also been covered by other posters since.

The mere fact that you are a professional driver does not mean that you are a good safe courteous considerate competent driver.

For the life of me I don't know why, but the words soaker and cork keep galloping thru my head

romulan7, Jan 3, 11:27pm
Didnt take long for the foaming and frothing to start!

I was there you were not! and I was the one who ended up smiling at the stupidity that finally someone got nailed for after complaining about another motorist whilst they were stop for another offence!

The fact that it was recorded by what is now becoming common in Commercial vehicles of a GPS and DVR cam.Completly escapes you!

thereafter1 thanks for you concern!The point being illustrated is that these DVRs and GPS fitted to commercial vehicles can be very useful.Face the facta collision was narrowly averted between myself and a stationary object and someone travelling a bit to quick for the conditions.

Something that featured a lot over this christmas period with the number of dead on our roads.I can not help but think if I had not reacted in the way I did that maybe you could have been reading about these events via the media.

tony, You any idea what the legal limit is for a HT/Bus/Trailer!Yes was driving to the conditions.

romulan7, Jan 3, 11:32pm
Not sure what you getting at here!If your saying I held him up you would be wrong given the pace of the traffic or lack of we should say!He closed up the distance pretty quick which is probably why he got stopped a couple of kilometres further on.

nightsky1, Jan 4, 12:06am
praising the cops on here will get a few life forms crawling out from the ground.

romulan7, Jan 4, 12:13am
Yea I noticed.lol

Might even find that BMW driver.lol

net_oz, Jan 4, 12:48am
Jazz must be crook.