Battery Rattle Gun

Page 1 / 2
dent, Mar 26, 6:30am
Hey guys Just wondering if anyone has any experience with any brand 1/2 inch battery rattle gun.Good or bad.

unbeatabull, Mar 26, 6:37am
Snap On, generally pretty good, not quite as grunty as an air one but is good for most jobs other then pulling crank pulleys etc off, just be sure to have a charger handy as the batteries they use generally stay at peak power then just stop, don't kinda slow down like old batteries

dr.doolittle, Mar 26, 6:40am
Get a good set of ear muffs too. I know a guy who uses a snap-on one & boy is it loud.

quickstitch, Mar 26, 6:41am
have used a de walt one, works a treat

thejazzpianoma, Mar 26, 6:43am
You have to watch with some of the very good ones. They can rattle so fast that a torque extension won't work properly and you can wind up with things much tighter than expected.

The good ones are very good though and the convenience of no cord is fantastic.

dent, Mar 26, 6:45am
Im looking at wurth or milwaukee. They got some good pricing at the moment and rated at 610 nm

crudeawakening, Mar 26, 6:47am
Snap on rattle is awesome! Recommend it to anyone

dent, Mar 26, 6:50am
What was the price of the snap on unit!

gunhand, Mar 26, 7:25am
Lots plus a hundred no doubt LOL.

dent, Mar 26, 7:29am
so far the deals I have been offered is a wurth 1/2 inc for $699+gst with 2 year warranty and one battery Unit is 610nm. The Milwaukee is 610nm for $799incl gst. But comes with two battery's with two year warranty on the battery's and 6 year warranty on the unit.

grangies, Mar 26, 7:30am
The Wurth branded actually are Milwaukee.

And Wurth promise the same guarantee. I think under warranty Wurth will sen you a new battery on an overnight courier where possible. Before they even receive the faulty battery.

dent, Mar 26, 7:35am
Yeah i herd that about the wurth regarding the branding. I spoke to the rep and they said he couldn't offer the 6 year warranty on the unit.

grangies, Mar 26, 7:49am
Oh well, for an extra $100 . The Milwaukee sounds better.

Just out of interest, who is the supplier!

As that can make a lot of difference if any warranty issues come up.

dent, Mar 26, 7:52am
Nah there acturly the same price. Wurth $699 + Gst Milwaukee $799 incl Gst
Supplier is hector jones.

steph1211, Mar 26, 7:52am
HILTI 22volt rattle gun way to go.

grangies, Mar 26, 8:01am
I've never heard of Hector Jone's until I just Googled them, and they look like a good company.

Go for it, I say.

And in a way, shame on Wurth NZ for not being to match the deal.

dent, Mar 26, 8:02am
yeah 2 battery's is a bonus but 6 year warranty is the big draw card.

carmedic, Mar 26, 8:46am
+ 1 for Snap-On
I don't find it that loud and use it almost all day everyday.

mugenb20b, Mar 26, 8:55am
What's the advantage to having one, if you already have compressed air in the workshop!

dent, Mar 26, 9:04am
No need to have a air line with you or tangling up. Can take off site if need to. Oftern more grunty than air.

carmedic, Mar 26, 9:05am
No tripping over the air line and the air line getting caught up on stuff. Less noise of the compressor cutting in and out and no hiss of that leaking air coupling.
I have air in the workshop and an excellent Ingersoll Rand gun and a big compressor, however I find my Snap-On battery gun gets used 9 out of 10 times even in the workshop, I??

dent, Mar 26, 9:06am
do you rember the cost of the snap on tool Carmedic!

carmedic, Mar 26, 9:21am
Honestly not really, bought it a couple of years ago, $1400 rings a bell but I bet they don??

dent, Apr 23, 4:58am
Just an update guys. Have just orderd a milwaukee 3/4 inch M18v battery impact gun. 710nm of torque with 5 year warranty on the unit and 2 year on the battery. Come with tool two batterys, charger and case for $768 Cant wait to use it.

esprit, Apr 23, 5:36am
I'm in the market for one at the moment and the Milwaukee one is meant to be the pick of the bunch. Hector Jones are a good company to deal with too.