Battery Rattle Gun

Page 2 / 2
donz27, Apr 23, 5:44am
ill let you know what its like. Ive gone to a diffrent company because hector jones couldnt supply the 3/4 drive version which is 100nm more than the 1/2 drive gun.

pup2, Apr 23, 6:24am
Off hand I think the snap on goes for round 1g inc gst. Used one and loved it. I may have missed bits as i just quickly read the thread, but dont worth have one on special or something. I must be getting old as the rep was only in last week lol

pup2, Apr 23, 6:31am
Snap on - 843nm forward, 600nm reverse and price as above

zephyrheaven, Apr 23, 6:32am
Have the snap on one - 2.5 years ($900 on promo two batteries & a 'free' torch), got a little noisy in the housing a while ago so sent it in - came back owed $90 for some innards - snap on electronic isnt lifetime warranty of course
Goes well - but its bloody heavy compared to its air equivalent & if it crapped out I would probably buy off Wurth as the rep is a top bloke & Im sure the warranty wouldnt be as hard to work out as a company I never use.

My 2c

dent, Apr 23, 7:02am
Yeah unfortunately we have no snap on rep in nelson so makes it difficult. Compared wurth and Milwaukee as they are the same unit made in the same place and the Milwaukee a better deal. Slightly cheaper get a extra battery and better warranty.

planespotterhvn, Apr 23, 9:27am
Don't do the nuts up with one.use a torque wrench. yah ruffy. "Tighten it till it strips then back it off a flat."

wasser61, Apr 23, 9:19pm
First Time I agree with you. Use them to undo, but never use them to tighten anything up.

kcf, Apr 23, 11:20pm
I'd love one as a sunday car racer, but if I'm looking at $900 +, as compared to spinning a brace, I think I'd rather spend the $900 on some more tyres ;-)

But, I accept that you tend to get what you pay for with these tools.

johnf_456, Apr 24, 9:52am
Many reasons, going to clients when they cannot get to the workshop. No air hose to trip over and tidy up and watch to avoid tripping over it. No compressor hiss

But yes air does have its advantages to.