Car Dealers

haventrader, Mar 30, 5:34am
Guys, please. When you advertise a car with your address details and opening times etc etc and you're serious about selling cars, make sure the car is in your showroom (or car yard) when we, as buyers turn up to view the car. I don't know how many places I've been to, only to be told the car is in transit. Alternatively add a date when the car is ready for viewing. Just my last gripe of the week. Now I'll relax.

phillip.weston, Mar 30, 5:47am
how hard is it to pick up the phone before hand! many dealers will advertise in multiple areas and then move the car to suit.

woody1946, Mar 30, 5:56am
Huh, the car we bought (new) is still listed on here after 7 weeks. Its a way of getting you to their yard, then they say that one is sold but we have more coming

haventrader, Mar 30, 6:03am
It's not hard, but how hard is it for a dealer to have a simple note that the car is not available just yet! I simply won't waste my time going back again. They lose a sale,

bellky, Mar 30, 8:07pm
Why would you trust people like that! Sloppy, lacking integrity.

kazbanz, Mar 30, 8:22pm
Haventrader . Thank you for highlighting a MAJOR issue with the trade me /autobase tieup. (from my POV)
The issue is that when I advertise on autoibase there are tickboxes with the words IN TRANSIT in them.I also have been adding the words
This car is in transiteta XXXXXXto the bottom of my text.
Almost without fail when the advet transfers to Trade me those words seem to disapear -aparently due to a word limit issue.
Don't get me wrong I don't claim to be perfect -I've forgotten to delete an advert from time to time.
I must ask though -why are you adverse tocalling the yard to ensure

curlcrown, Mar 30, 8:33pm
So often buyers (or lookers) turn up without phoning first even thoug ads request it becuase cars are often not at the yard for one reason or another at all times. Then some get the pip about it.

n1smo_gtir, Mar 30, 8:50pm
but isn't it in tm rules that to sell something it must be in your possession else it'd be drop shipping! or did i miss something!

kazbanz, Mar 30, 9:00pm
The senario with cars is a bit different than say a box of hankies.
Ignoring for a moment the villains that advertise cars they don't ,never have,and likely never wiill own.
The view takenis that you must actually OWN the specific vehicle.
For example I will buy a car in Osaka. Its advertised stating IN TRANSIT
4-6 weeks later it is actually here.
It is a specific item not a generic advert.

nathanmac, Mar 30, 10:15pm
Actually my recent experience is similar to op's. We've spent a fair bit of time looking for a vehicle that might suit us. We seldom get time to go look at cars together but it's been surprising how many have been away for all sorts of different reasons.The best reasons so far include 'I had to take the boat to wanaka' and 'we had a trailer load of stuff to take to chch'.Was told a time to go look at one this last week so went in and it still wasn't there.

No biggie but it just means it'll probably be a couple of weeks before we could make it back to view.

mcfc11, Mar 30, 10:50pm
Or Auto-Terminal wanted them back!

phillip.weston, Mar 31, 1:07am
Hahah yes! this got a laugh out of me. Many times we needed a car from auto terminal to find it was on some other yard a few hours away. Their records can be lousy - some times they don't even know the whereabouts of their own stock!

kazbanz, Mar 31, 2:35am
shudders- atnz cars

mcfc11, Mar 31, 3:17am
You stopped using them then!

kazbanz, Mar 31, 3:37am
I havent used them for years. Id sell 10 cars and sure as eggs if there was gonna be one with issues it'd be an atnz car.