Vehicle Recovery Group

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 9, 12:19am
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm!c_id=1&objectid=10780718
"An Auckland tow-truck boss who refunded a driver $230 to avoid a Disputes Tribunal hearing says he did so to spend time with his son and avoid wasting public resources."

Yeah, nah. He did it because he knows full well he'd lose. $230 (or $260 on a public holiday) does not reflect the true cost of the 'offence' or the tow.

They've tried their standover crap with me and they eventually scurried away like the cockroaches they are when I told them on no uncertain terms that I wouldn't give them a brass razoo.

While I agree he (and I) shouldn't technically have parked there, as it is still private property, people need to grow a pair and stand up to these extortionists that exist SOLELY to rip-off the ignorant public for minor and insignificant breaches. They have to prove the invoice amount is fair, just as with any civil claim.

canajanz1, Apr 13, 12:59am
You seem to have authority issues of all sorts.
Your bully boy tactics make you no better than the people you are usually whining about.
You seem to have a lot of energy and fight in you.I have to wonder if it could be harnessed and used for some good.You could be a warrior for one or more good causes instead of just stirring people up for nothing

andrea_w, Apr 13, 1:02am
TRH - Remember, don't feed the trolls!

edit -
I see the same person has dug up a thread a few months old just to troll you

*yawn*

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:08am
You're a pathetic weak person.

They have no authority. And that's a fact.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:09am
Yeah, they don't like being outed as a fool.

bellky, Apr 13, 1:11am
Take it easy. There's no need for that.

pollymay, Apr 13, 1:11am
Have gas axe, will use

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 13, 1:28am
There's every need. That chump might simply bend over and take it from anyone they percieve has some 'authority' (a tow truck driver! C'mon! Nobody is THAT stupid, are they!) but I certainly won't and I won't tolerate the accusation that because I don't, somehow I'm the one with an 'issue'.

elect70, Apr 13, 2:00am
No authority,so what you gonna dowhen hes got it on the hook !yell & scream or pay,or let him take it & pay storage feesas well .If you reckon charge is excessive then take him to DT .

chevcamaro, Apr 13, 4:27am
spent many years in the towing industry, many days wasted in court fighting against the poor people who couldn't read a sign that said no public parking. never lost a case. never