315 consul whats a good price for a project car?

Page 1 / 2
fordrulez, Apr 18, 8:18am
Its a little rough round the edges and dead on its plates but complete. Ball park figger anyone!

rob_man, Apr 18, 8:24am
Comes down to how rusty it is I suppose. It's not something you see for sale every day so there's little basis for comparison.

fordrulez, Apr 18, 8:29am
Yeah its been siting for 10+ years rust is to bad eg corner are bubble doors guards boot etc. He wants around $1200 for it has nos that comes with it but still not sure if its worth that

supernova2, Apr 18, 8:32am
If its rusty, dead rego etc etc surely it's only worth scarp value.Unless there is a line of people who want it why would you offer more than 2-300!

fordrulez, Apr 18, 8:37am
I was thinking more 800 as they were on produce for a short time

unclejake, Apr 18, 8:42am
The front struts are probably worth $400 the pair.

A nice 315 is probably worth $3k.

rob_man, Apr 18, 8:43am
Are you going to fix the rust yourself! Bear in mind that it will end up costing many thousands to have it repaired by a panelbeater. It would probably save you money in the long run if you found one with very little rust and paid more for it.
But, everybody loves a masochist.
At that price it would have to have some redeeming features like a mint interior and good mechanicals and even then it's probably overpriced.

fordrulez, Apr 18, 8:47am
Yeah rust i will do myself interior isnt to bad. price is mainly up because the racing boys keep making offers for the motor and front struts for their mk1 cortinas.

supernova2, Apr 18, 8:47am
My Bro-in-law is just going thru a similar exercise.has so far spent about $8k and still has to do paint, rechrome, tyres, upholstery, RUST, revin.Could have bought a fully restored (almost concourse) example of his project for $14K.I'm betting he's going to have to spend way more than $14K and will still only have an average car.

poppajn, Apr 18, 8:48am
You don,t see many of them now and even less of the 2 door Capri same shape.

unclejake, Apr 18, 8:49am
The struts are good for Anglias, not so good for Cortinas

rob_man, Apr 18, 8:51am
Now one of those would be worth getting hold of.

mopar63, Apr 18, 8:56am
the reality is when buying a resto project the price you initially payfor the car doesn't mean a lot esp when it's a cheapy, $300/800/ 1200,doesn't really matter unless your budget is tight,you'll spend money on a hobby car ,just like any hobby,if you think it's worth $800 and you get it for that sweet,if you had to pay $200 more, at a grand,in the scheme of things would the extra really matter!it's not like your paying 5-10K for a project car

fordrulez, Apr 18, 8:58am
Yeah so anyone got a ball park figger! id love to walk away but its the 1st one i could track down. I'm sure their are plenty out their must be hidden away in sheds

mopar63, Apr 18, 9:12am
like I said mate if you're happy to pay $800 then offer that,they are getting hard to find plus as you said it has some NOS with it,you can't get a decent worthwhile project for nothing ,unless you're lucky, so $800 -1000 odd,don't think you'll go too far wrong,I sold a 315 years ago for $500 - project car ,also sold a consul capri at thesame time,that was a cool car

fordrulez, Apr 18, 9:15am
ok guys thanks for the help

807, Apr 18, 9:52am
I think you would be hard pressed to find much in the way of 315 ( or classic as they were known in the UK ) anywhere in NZ, & finding parts like tail lights, etc. could be like looking for rocking horse poo.

un_known, Apr 18, 10:00am
my old man had one of these. My mother in her infinite wisdom made him give it away.At the same time made him sell a '64 falcon for $500.

this still pisses me off to this day.Moral of the story most women are shallow they dont appreciate cars or anything that isnt new shiny or theirs.

Anyway good luck with your project fordrulez. my advice if you want it then snap it up quickly cause there isnt many around.

socram, Apr 18, 10:47pm
LOL.Years ago, my Dad's best pal's wife, cleared out the shed(s) when her father-in-law died. In that shed, unmolested, was my Dad's Vincent HRD 350, his pal's 350 AJS and in the wooden garage at the side of the house, the old boy's Indian.Never even approached my Dad to see if he wanted to remove his bike.All went for scrap!

Mum leaned on dad to get rid of his garaged 1934 Singer 9 coupe, which went for 5 quid in 1964.Now only 12 left in the world.

un_known, Apr 19, 1:15am
unfortunately i also know some guys that are the same, cant appreciate the classics or see the potential in anything they just see it as being old junk.I dont think these people have souls, they're shallow, always wanting the newest best stuff.Pay a fortune for it and then 5 years down the track its worth 10% of what they paid for it.They also seem to be the most opinionated about what other people should be doing with their lives/stuff.

elect70, Apr 19, 2:31am
Wernt exactlya sort after carmay be rare now that rest have gone to the boneyardJust because its old doesnt make it a classic& finding parts will be a mission .

un_known, Apr 19, 2:49am
Yeh they werent common even when the old man had his back in theearly 80's.Infact thats the only one i had ever seen up until i saw one for sale on here a couple of years back.Couldve been the same car even.

rob_man, Apr 19, 3:20am
I think they're quite an appealing car for their unusual shape as well as being based around the good old Kent engine. A GT Capri would be worth quite a bit now, especially the one we once worked on with chrome wires in red.

mopar63, Apr 19, 5:19am
used to be a real nice one running around hastings years ago ,lowered ,mags ,pale yellow ,had a falcon motor in itI believe , sweet looking car

magoo2, Apr 19, 7:00am
new mechanical parts can be bought from
www.enford.comlocated in christchurch