315 consul whats a good price for a project car?

Page 2 / 2
trogedon, Apr 19, 7:08am
There is a really tide 315 that lives in Newton Gully here in Auckland (I sometimes see it at home when I'm cycling along there are occasionally see it around). Its obviously well cared for / used but lives outside (which is a bit said. I've seen the Capris advertised for $20 - 21k.

lookoutas, Apr 19, 7:21am
The decision here is to weigh up between "heart & pocket"

I have a mate who has a Mk1 Zodiac and a Valiant Charger - both needing about the same input. The Zodi will be worth about 15K and the Charger around 40K when each is finished. Hence there should be no prizes to guess where I've told him focus his time.
But his "heart" ruled, although I've noticed the "pocket" is starting to take over.

The "pocket" scenario is simply a mathematical calculation, which is why I have concocted a spreadsheet that I use for evaluating intended projects - the purchase, costs, sale value, time - all go in, and if a sensible $ value per hour doesn't spit out at the end, I flag it.

I guess a 315 wouldn't fit into that spreadsheet. I drive past one every week, and I look & like, but that's it.
There's an XY that needs sussing out though!

lookoutas, Apr 19, 7:23am
Dosen't it piss you off when you click again coz you can't see thepost!

neville48, Apr 19, 7:35am
I dont think there would be that many sitting in sheds, they did rust badly and because they were not that popular they were robbed of the struts and the 1340 crank etc by the anglia owners etc. We had one for a family car back in the late sixties and they were few and far between then, I personally like the shape and looks of the car so I hope you can make it work. Its worth what someone will pay for it. Be a shame to see another one completely dissappear tho.

singing1, Apr 19, 9:59am
I do know one in a shed with 32k miles on the clock. Anyone want it!

un_known, Apr 19, 10:09am
ME!

singing1, Apr 19, 10:45am
This car still has cross ply tires. Last time I looked the rear brakes were a bit ceased. But its all original.no rust. Its a mint car.

un_known, Apr 19, 10:56am
in hamilton!Let the owner know that im a keen buyer and will pay cash.

jmma, Apr 19, 10:58am
Pay cash, what else is there, blankets, guns or horses (o:

un_known, Apr 19, 11:11am
cash as in physical notes in hand on the spot.no waiting for banks to process payments, cheques to clear etc.

gizmsme, Apr 19, 11:13am
I have a mate that has some bits for one, he does have tailights.Happy to supply details to anyone who makes doing that possible.

ema1, Apr 19, 11:46am
At $1200 the guy selling it has his sights set way way too high, for a rusted car (can of worms stuff ).as in you don't know the extent until you get right into the "nitty gritty" of it!
Plus the fact it has dead plates .there's a $400-$600 cost approx right there.
Steer clear of that one I'd say as it sounds only fit for a crusher, for a serious resto project try and find one with as little rust as possible and hopefully "live" plates, that alone is a big plus. Better still find a good tidy going vehicle for $3000-$4000, that would be the far better option and if you want to go ahead with a full blown resto job then you have something decent to start with. The best of the 315's was the 1963 Classic with the 1500cc engine,same as MK1 Cortina, the earlier ones were the smaller 1340cc.

singing1, Apr 19, 11:58am
What is a mint one worth! Reg on hold. 32 thous miles genuine.

ema1, Apr 19, 10:43pm
Mint and low mileage like you mention the price could be anything really , depends on how realistic the guy who has it really is!
Worth sounding out though, just casually mention a figure you come up with .again realistic! and see what transpires from there. Good luck.

un_known, Apr 20, 6:33am
i'll offer up $5k sight unseen.Maybe more upon inspection.

nobles, Apr 20, 6:53am
Ha! you could spend more that 3k finding a nice 315.

collosal1, Apr 20, 10:08am
years ago i remember seeing one of those (2dr)at the oxford dump!it was just a shell

singing1, Apr 21, 1:13am
I'll get back to you.

julian.walls, Apr 21, 3:33am
In Greytown or nearby around 8 years ago a local catery business owned owned 2 rare Ford Consul Classic 315 Capri Coupes (one was red it might be same one Rob worked on)on a rural property there was even a 3000E Mk1 in the shed and 2.8i Mk3!