Commodore wont start vx s/c

Page 1 / 2
chappy.s, Apr 25, 6:44am
heres the story so far changed the oil and filter today reset the service reminder thing mrs took it to town 200 odd ks i got in it went to start it and it turns over and tries to go but wontany ideas before it goes to the money shop! thanks shane

intrade, Apr 25, 6:45am
fuelpump pressure not there due to blocked fuelfilter or faulty fuelpump if it is not a carburettor engine

savanna19, Apr 25, 6:47am
it will be ether spark or fuel mate as i assume compresion is fine check the plugs give them a wire brush and whind it over with no plugs and make sure it puffs out gas etc

chappy.s, Apr 25, 6:51am
ive never done fuel filter could be it will have to wait till 2morrow now to dark out thanks shane

intrade, Apr 25, 6:52am
is this a 2001! check engine light not on if it is !

chappy.s, Apr 25, 6:53am
its 2002

chappy.s, Apr 25, 6:53am
no lights up on dash

intrade, Apr 25, 6:57am
if you are going to fix these then you want a elm obd scanner and some Gm software opel-tech would probably work

intrade, Apr 25, 6:57am
and buy a haynes manual for the car. Fuelfilter are a regular maintainace item

realtrader1, Apr 25, 7:00am
Silly question I know, but, has it got petrol in it!Sufficient petrol!Allow for a faulty gauge.If sufficient petrol, wind over and as you do, spray some CRC engine start down throat of carb / air intake.If it responds to this, you will know you are looking at fuel.No response, will be spark.

chappy.s, Apr 25, 7:08am
its showing quater fill but i guess that could be wrong been accurate up to this point though . hope its somethingsimple

alltorque350, Apr 25, 7:08am
Sometimes those commodores have problems with the immobiliser key

realtrader1, Apr 25, 7:13am
Remember too, fuel gauge will vary, depending on whether car is sitting level or not.If on a slope or over, due to road camber, maybe it's not picking up the fuel.Remember the keep it simple rule.Check the glaringly obvious first.

chappy.s, Apr 25, 7:22am
its sitting dead level where it died, will try the spare key to thanks for the ideas

dent, Apr 25, 7:36am
Second on checking the immobilizer. Check to see if the red light goses off with the key switch on. The red light is above the mode and up down arrow buttons.

kingfisher21, Apr 25, 7:38am
3rd on the key, try cleaning the contact on the key and the metal ring around where the key goes in the ignition.

realtrader1, Apr 25, 8:13am
Yes, but, it tries to go, so how would that be immobiliser!

kingfisher21, Apr 25, 8:15am
Thats what they do, some models, will fire briefly.

chappy.s, Apr 25, 8:25am
ok. so i went out tried to start again fires up and starts straight away runs fine like it does went in and ot driveway a few times. turned it on and off maybey four times was fine left it 5mins tried to start no go argggh.

evotime, Apr 25, 8:26am
My money is on a buggered fuel pump, boot the bottom of the tank sometimes it will give them a burst of life

howz_that, Apr 25, 8:28am
Sounds like crank angle sensor. Remove 2 ignition leads off the same coil pack at top of engine. Try to start engine while someone watches exposed coil terminals. Should have a solid blue spark jump accross the terminals. No spark = ignition issue

moosie_21, Apr 25, 8:43am
Could be starter motor! Give it a few taps if it doesn't start, should crank over again and start

sfw4, Apr 26, 12:29am
yes could be. Please remember there are 2different CAS's. measure your original one the fin gap between each other. One will be thick the other CSA thinner

sfw4, Apr 26, 12:32am
My VP V6. running ruff on idle untill revs pass 1500. It come to a stage where it just wouldnt start anymore. Plugs were black sooty so re-newed those. Petrol pump has plenty of head at the throttle body. Now goes but same ruff idle. Would this be Injectors! petrol pump good, plugs re-newed.

chappy.s, Apr 26, 4:53am
well it was the fuel pump. thanks for your help.