Diesel prices?

Page 1 / 2
creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:30am
Looking at SUV's / 4x4 utes most of them are diesel need someone who knows how much the RUC's are to buy and the rego. I understand the rego is based on the number of seats the vehicle has now! just standard as 5 seaters how much would the rego be!

intrade, Apr 26, 7:39am
na rego is per class vans cars etc. a ute with only 2 seat is classed same as van 600$ a year i think not 100% sure cars is about 400$
Post what you need the 4x4 for as you are most times better off with a petrol engine these days.

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:41am
towing twin axel double horse float and perhaps a little off road beach etc

intrade, Apr 26, 7:42am
now what money have you got and how long should the vehicle last!

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:44am
gonna spend roughly 4 - 6 grand want it to last as long as possible really :) also what size do you think i am looking at both petrol and diesel and the petrol im looking at is only a 2600cc is that big enough in petrol!

intrade, Apr 26, 7:46am
you wont get anything for that money 4x4 suv still are 15 grand for good ones.what you would want is a nissan 4.2 turbo diesel safari, but i doubt you get one for 6 grand unless it is a rusty wrack.

intrade, Apr 26, 7:47am
petrol i would only buy a 2.7 4cilinder surf toyota.

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:48am
nah the only SUV iv looked at is a surf but what im more or less looking at are like L200's Bountys Couriers and Navaras theyr not so pricey i find :D

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:49am
Also how much do the RUC miles cost!

intrade, Apr 26, 7:51am
up to 3.5 ton was 4 cent per km to work it out plus diesel need a additive unless you wish huge repair bills one day.

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:52am
This is the first iv heard about this additive care to elabourate! how much what is it and where do i get it etc!

intrade, Apr 26, 7:53am
cheap= crap v6 petrol no. mitsubishi= cheap , reason=crap.I tell you you wont get anything suv below 12 grand unless its is a old safari or jeep with merc diesel.the cars you posted in 8 wont pull the skin off a rice pudding either .

scoobeey, Apr 26, 7:55am
it is too lubricate pump and seals due to the sulphur been taking out.i use flashlube.mate had a slight pump leak and it sealed it up.majic stuff

creamkracker, Apr 26, 7:57am
i see plenty of them towing though they cant be that bad im not planning on setting and land speed records and the towing would only be a fortnightly thing probably on average

intrade, Apr 26, 8:00am
then you want a petrol and no v6

creamkracker, Apr 26, 8:02am
would the 2.6L L200 or Bounty pull it! speed is not an issue but i would like it to be safe.

intrade, Apr 26, 8:04am
L200 is a mitsubishi and they are the worst thing electronic and engeneering wise. i supose you would also buy a automatic on top!

creamkracker, Apr 26, 8:05am
i was thinking like 3.0L minimum but the mrs is chewing my ear off about fuel economy and what not.

creamkracker, Apr 26, 8:05am
As it will also be my daily driver.

intrade, Apr 26, 8:06am
a 2,7 surf petrol will be powerfull enough but like i said they are not 4 grand

creamkracker, Apr 26, 8:10am
hmm perhaps il save another month or two cheers for the help!

twink19, Apr 26, 8:14am
I used to run a diesel to tow, changed to a Falcon wagon, slightly cheaper over all,rego, servicing etc

oakie, Apr 26, 6:51pm
yesterday I paid $364.00 for 8000 Kms Road user charges.

oakie, Apr 26, 6:53pm
Don,t buy a Surf unless you want to sit on the floor. The drivers and front passengers seat are very low

intrade, Apr 26, 6:58pm
twin horse float needs a heavyvehicle.