A question for car dealers

Page 1 / 2
nightboss, May 1, 2:55am
As a dealer, do you have to list all vehicles on here with "dealer" at the end of first line in vehicle description!
If you don't, is that [1] allowed by TM rules, [2] against TM rules, [3] In breach of your RMVT regs, [4] ok as long as you hide it somewhere (eg: burried amongst details on your personal profile, or [5] Against the laws of NZ.
I am not talking about listing personal vehicles, I am refering to trading on here.

kazbanz, May 1, 3:06am
Nightboss--short version--You can do about anything you like as long as sometime you say you are a trader sometime.Frankly even that seems to often be ignored.
The whole 'dealer" thing is in fact a simple effect of logistics.
If I list a car (on TM) using Autobase as the means to do so then automatic ly the word dealer apears on my advert.
If I list directly with TM then it doesn't
It really is that simple.
I must say that to avoid any possibility my TM auctions are seen for a second as being a private sale I use as close as I'm allowed to my exact company name as my (company) TM login

tgray, May 1, 5:31am
Nice try Nightboss!
The first thing I do when people call is tell them I'm a dealer.
My dealer number is listed on my profile and my CIN forms are on my cars.
I sold 173 cars last year.
Sorry to disappoint you, but you've got nothing on me.

phillip.weston, May 1, 5:48am
Huh! I don't think nightboss was having a dig at you or any dealer. he was merely asking if dealers should be all having the advert which has the grey 'dealer' label on them, which the answer to that question is no.

The grey 'dealer' icon which shows up on the searches are for the cars listed via Autobase - that is the site trademe owns which car dealers list their cars on. A dealer can manually list a vehicle on trademe just like regular Joe Bloggs does, but the dealer must specify on the listing somewhere that they are indeed a dealer with their dealer number, and they also must show a CIN or provide a link to the CIN somewhere.

tgray, May 1, 6:30am
Well, it just seems a remarkable coincidence that he starts a new thread, about the dealer bubble, minutes after he views my profile, after I said he was the one being smug.
Ok, I'm over it now.
ps/ the CIN display or CIN link only applies to auction listings, because the buyers are entering into a contract online. With classifieds, it is not required, although the cars need to display the CIN forms.

nightboss, May 1, 7:28am
Thanks for answering my questions clearly Kaz, PW and tgray.
I have noticed for a while that there are quite a few that hide their car dealing here by not being open about their position.
If either of you took my question as a personal attack then you were mistaken.
True that the thread was started soon after noticing a member was a registered dealer.
This prompted my asking what I had wondered for a while, if you have guilt, then it is your guilt, if guilt free then you are not hiding anything.
In that other thread I made the observation that a trader recommended buying a better car, much as a mechanic would recommend repair and a wrecker would recommend selling for scrap.
It is amazing how many mind readers there are here only too quick to defend their positions with accusations, often false ones.

74nova, May 1, 7:00pm
With your attitude I'd stay well away from you.

kazbanz, May 1, 9:26pm
I was gonna say "you should know better"then I realised you mean auction vehicles where I'm refering to classified listings.

kazbanz, May 1, 9:34pm
Hey NB sorry I have to correct you here. I dunno how long you have been on the MB but theres a VERY good reason us car dealers don't talk about being dealers.
Basicly the narcs and TM nazis are really keen to dob us in for "self promoting" --There was a FOR ME major incident a couple of years back where I offered to help out a fellow TM member (by shampooing their back seat) and got banned.
Un fortunately I'm not the only one.

kazbanz, May 1, 9:34pm
Hey NB sorry I have to correct you here. I dunno how long you have been on the MB but theres a VERY good reason us car dealers don't talk about being dealers.
Basicly the narcs and TM nazis are really keen to dob us in for "self promoting" --There was a FOR ME major incident a couple of years back where I offered to help out a fellow TM member (by shampooing their back seat) and got banned.
Un fortunately I'm not the only one.
The other issue is that you get uterly hammered by the "I hate all car dealers" brigade. Some of whome will argue with you just because your job happens to be a car dealer

nightboss, May 2, 1:26am
KAZ
About five years on TM MB, mostly on motoring. I understand your resistance to expose yourself to the "narcs and TM nazis" I try not to reveal much about myself here, not because I have anything to hide but because it just becomes fuel for the above mentioned types.

I have been accused of complaining to TM by a few posters but they are totally wrong. I have never phoned TM and only once clicked the "vote to have removed". There is no way that I can prove it is not me, only a moderator can access that information and they never openly post here because they would be consumed by sharks in an instant.

By keeping to the rules I have avoided banning, I have received one caution for singling out a member by linking to their closed auction twice. No prizes for working out which one that was (same item closed last night at 7:42pm for the 8th time).

I have issues with dishonest people on here and in all aspects of my life, comes from very early bad experiences. I don't have an issue with dealers as a profession at all, most I have dealt with are fine, same with Real Estate people, another group that get a bad rap due to a few rogues.

Look after yourself Kaz - NB

bellky, May 2, 1:41am
I don't see an CIN forms pictured in at least one of your classifieds.

floscey, May 2, 1:47am
It would be nice when you filter a search and you select private , only private sellers cars would appear. But no it dont happen that way does it .All dealers on Trademe should have dealer next to the listing.

bellky, May 2, 1:50am
I agree - what's the point of searching private listings when you still get dealers!

jcwholesale, May 2, 1:50am
floscey Why would you want that,, most of my cars are cheaper than the general public. Isnt tne car more important than who is selling it!

floscey, May 2, 2:02am
i deal with car dealers everyday , id rather not buy off one.

phillip.weston, May 2, 2:07am
and you've never come across a dodgy private seller! pass the tui please!

I don't care whether I buy off a dealer or privately - it all comes down to the honesty of the seller, condition of the car and the price! Many times a dealer can excel over a private seller, price included!

a.woodrow, May 2, 2:07am
I don't mind car dealer listings, what bugs me is when instead of pics of the car they just have one of their yard, and the car description is only: NZ New, 5 door

floscey, May 2, 2:19am
Read the word "RATHER"

corky, May 2, 2:40am
OK, you deal with car dealers every day but rather not buy off one.That suggests that you are selling the dealer a service or product. That being the case you are happy to take their $$$ but not return the favour. Double standards yes / no. Just asking, no offence intended. Regards

bellky, May 2, 2:43am
Really that is none of your business. That person gave that answer in response to a question from another.

corky, May 2, 2:46am
Settle petal.

bellky, May 2, 2:48am
I'm quite settled and don't call me petal.

corky, May 2, 2:49am
Hey don't spoil my day, its my birthday.

floscey, May 2, 3:06am
Yes i take the money ,but they screw me on the price. I give them a good deal . They wouldnt sell me a car cheap.