Late model Mercedes with no dipstick.

Page 3 / 3
bellky, Apr 30, 8:39pm
Seems there's a few on drugs in this one lol.

r15, Apr 30, 8:55pm
japanese cars with japanese writing are everywhere in the mechanical industry,why do mechanics not learn japanese!surely it would make their jobs easier

cant be that hard, millions of japanese people have done it

attitudedesignz, Apr 30, 8:57pm
Thanks, that actually made me laugh out loud.

bellky, Apr 30, 9:03pm
Yip, if you buy or own a car with all the stupid crap ideas talked about above then you deserve everything you get.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 30, 9:08pm
Yep, and they'll just take the depreciation hit when the time comes to sell and someone that does do their own maintenance buys it, because the money lost is insignificant to them.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a car without dipsticks for critical levels. It's another safety net. You simply don't have the redundancy of sensors required to provide peace of mind. Industrial safety circuits don't rely on PLC electronics, for good reason.

r15, Apr 30, 10:21pm
this^

rsr72, Apr 30, 11:00pm
duffpot wrote:

- just select english off the instrument subcluster menu and all displays will go to english

- How do you do that when it starts in japanese!

love it!

richardmayes, Apr 30, 11:12pm
Wot, you don't know the Japanese for "Instrument Subcluster Menu"!

duffpot, Apr 30, 11:21pm
Its not that hard - just follow this link and then pages 122 to 136. Press in the order it says, ignore the Japanese and u will see the word english ( written in English lol ) and there u go !

http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2005_c320ks_c240_c320_c320s_c55amg_c2403204matic_sedans.pdf

foxdonut, May 1, 1:40am
Good luck buying a car of any description in ten years then. Everything with a dip stick now will be an antique or scrap, everything else, be it a Toyota shopping appliance or a Zenvo ST1 will be using these "new fangled sensor know whats"

mm12345, May 1, 2:19am
Considering that the great new hope for most of the world's auto manufacturers is selling gadget filled blinged-up automobiles to people in "emerging economies" who's parents rode bicycles - if they were lucky - but now can afford such luxuries from profits made selling an endless range of mainly useless but nevertheless appealing throw-away gadgets that we use fulfill our short-term desires (and clog our land-fills), I'd say that we're going to get exactly what we deserve.
As long as there's still some choice - I'll do my best to avoid it.

bellky, May 1, 2:27am
This^ post ought to clock this thread!

foxdonut, May 1, 3:56am
+1

To anyone who hasn't worked it out yet - this is exactly why modern cars remove the owner from the equation; millions of people will be buying their first car in the next year and nearly all of them won't even understand the basic function of the simple components, let alone something complex like an engine. Better to let the car do all the work than hand it over to to a "dip stick".

flat_white_ltd, May 1, 4:05am
^^^^ (both) .ba-da-boom . .on the money !
(in this peasant's opinion )

flat_white_ltd, May 1, 4:06am
. and that was pure poetry
(even tho it's in the sad-but-true dept )

morrisman1, May 1, 7:02am