Car dealer doesn't know what he's talking about lo

dyln.sampson, Apr 29, 2:14am
I was looking at this Subaru legacy 2005 and it said it was 2.3 litre lol I told him it was wrong and that the only come in 2, 2.5 and 3 liters.He still denied. So I showed him under the hood lol still denied

a.woodrow, Apr 29, 3:30am
So what engine was it!

blackcat17, Apr 29, 3:41am
I was looking at a Capella wagon once, drove one and it was OK, offered a price they said it was too low, but they had another identical one that they could "do that for because it hasn't been on the yard yet" whatever that means. Looked at it, had same Ks but better tyres, test drove it, holy shizz was way more powerful, opened the bonnet and there was V6 instead of a 4, pointed that out, the guy was "Oh yeah" Bought it and the guy was doing the papers, I noticed it was also a 2.5 not the 2 they thought. After having it for a week I decided to look undeneath, found myself staring at this driveshaft going to a rear diff, WTF, so it was AWD as well. Was a great car to drive.

trogedon, Apr 29, 3:56am
You've prodded his poor little bruised ego with the sharp stick of truth and he won't admit you're right.

kazbanz, Apr 29, 4:54am
Car dealer or car SALESMAN!

ralphdog1, Apr 29, 4:57am
Under the circumstances I would say neither, or at the most a piss poor one.

robotnik, Apr 29, 5:10am
So it probably used 30% more fuel per km than the other Mazda. No wonder you got it cheaper!

dyln.sampson, Apr 29, 8:11am
It was a 2 litre no turbo lol. The car salesmen or what ever u call him didn't want to admit I was right. I even showed him under the bonnet lol. Doing his job for him haha not that I purchased any cars from there.

horsepower7, Apr 29, 8:27am
they probly didnt do the window card for it, altho subys are pretty easy to learn about haha

richardmayes, Apr 29, 9:49pm
When they talk about "stock" or "product" instead of "cars" that's generally a good indication that you are in the presence of a salesman rather than someone with any knowledge/interest in cars.

noswalg, Apr 29, 10:37pm
And what did you see under the bonnet! EJ25'S don't look any different to EJ20'S!

kazbanz, Apr 29, 11:26pm
Frankly from the tone of this post and your first post the salesman saw you had no intention of buying from them.

bellky, Apr 29, 11:27pm
That doesn't change anything.

sifty, Apr 30, 12:00am
except for the bit that says 'EJ20'.

dyln.sampson, Apr 30, 1:01am
2L NA

hamhonda, Apr 30, 1:17am
probably the body tag that states the engine code! EJ20, EJ25 etc

elect70, Apr 30, 1:34am
Under new legislationproposed he will have to know everthing about carshe is sellingincluding its internal condition &historyof repairs / maintenance since day 1 .

sifty, Apr 30, 1:38am
and what brand of cigarette the Japanese bloke who drove it smoked.