How much fuel does your 4x4 use to do 850 km-1000

Page 2 / 2
zephyrheaven, May 3, 7:57am
Actually it wouldnt, it would probably do 2X what it could in H

steve312, May 3, 8:03am
Sounds like a bit of an absolute statement to me.

Too many variables in this whole thread to be of much use.Fuel usage is dependant on vehicle type, tyre width, type of tyres, tyre pressure, tyre size, diff ratio, driving style, vehicle load, type of road, .

Thats all I was getting at.Same vehicle but different driver can often make a huge difference in fuel usage.

sr2, May 3, 8:30am
Hey, not criticising your thread mate; we all like discussing the quantity of fossil fuel us petrol (or diesel) heads chew through. Just pointing out that calling a very well respected long term poster like UJ an idiot for correcting your ambiguous original post speaks volumes. (He was racing cars when you were in nappies).

zephyrheaven, May 3, 8:34am
Have you used low range for a few hundred km & seen what happens to your fuel needle!

boat3, May 3, 8:56am
wow! he`s the man! i used to work on the dick johnson greens tuffmustang,and the mobil one commodores when they where in perth in the early 90`s,so does that make my post more credible,he said my post was stupid,its not when you think about it.maybe if its not for him,and he had half the wisdom you speak of,.he would have just left it alone.

steve312, May 3, 9:51am
As a matter of fact, yes.I spent 6 months in Sierra Leone.But then, the reason we had to use low range was because the roads were terrible, which also meant we seldom used any of the long gears.Fuel economy wasn't great to say the least.

zephyrheaven, May 3, 9:54am
Really! Have a mate in the middle east doing around 1000Km a week - raves about Low in his 200 series & the economy
Different terra firma I suppose

sr2, May 3, 10:22am
Chill out a little, it's only a motoring message board. (you can be anyone you want to be behind a keyboard).

zephyrheaven, May 3, 10:24am
Ohhhh I want one of those high gain antennas!
And hmm, thats boggy much lol

steve312, May 3, 10:27am
Interesting 6 months but I wouldn't want to go back.Man, can it rain in the rainy season.Vehicle economy wasn't one of the things we were too worried about.More worried about getting back in one piece.

steve312, May 3, 10:30am
Whoops.Apologies to the OP.Seem to have gotten of the track so to speak.

Really didn't intend hijacking the thread.

boat3, May 3, 7:40pm
its all good,at least yours has an interesting story attached i`d bet,we`ll change the direction of this post to"whats up with the price of petrol and diesel in this country!).done to death i know.