Mint Jap car (o:

Page 3 / 4
nightboss, May 8, 2:10am
Last two auctions were 48 hour listings, the current one if for 14 days.
Reserve varies each time relisted.
Seems he may be doing research on what auction format gives best results.
Maybe after gathering all this data on this vehicle he will list an even rarer small engined old Toyota!

jeremy.d, May 9, 9:45pm
Just a possibility, but the people who keep bidding and winning are probably friends and family trying to get the price bumped up by placing fake bids. Nobody outside of hs close circle has placed the highest bid, hence the car has been doing the rounds on here for over a year.

rollorobot, May 10, 1:09am
Great effort on your comments. Even if you dont like it is is undebatable that this car is valuable. As a toyota collecter, like many others i would sell an arm or leg for genuine TE27. unfortunately this car is just not so pleasing to the eyes, still rare and valuable. Comparing it to civic or corona is like comparing a custom made 1 off architectural home to a versatile shed. good going

kazbanz, May 10, 1:24am
Im sorry but NO its not undebatable. TheREALvalue of something is set by the person who is prepared to pay the most for it. and given it has not sold for 17k or even 8 k suggests that the REAL value is somewhat less than the seller feels it is.
I have this conversation regularly with customers. "well that guy who says the car is worth XXXX. Ask HIM to pull HIS cheque book out and pay you what he says its worth.

doomy999, May 10, 1:29am
gee just how many accounts have you got access too!
And no dont bother denying it, only the owner him self would try to pretend its a sort after car.

esprit, May 10, 1:36am
Dude, I think you need help.

No, seriously, I think you have a personality disorder and you should seek help.

nightboss, May 10, 1:52am
Japiwi.boys, Justin case5 and now Rollorobot. How many user names have you!

TE45 Sprinter = 1 off architectural home.
Honda Civic = a Versatile shed.
What have you been smoking!

foxdonut, May 10, 2:44am

rollorobot, May 10, 2:54am
haha i am offended i actually just like old toyotas and am nothing to do with any other user names on trademe. I agree the value is what someone is prepared to pay for it. But a corvette or civic although much more sort after are very common in comparison. i like cars that are different. And yes and architectural house can be ugly but is one of a kind in comparison to for instance a notch back mustang. in most peoples opinion a sort after muscle car but as common as a versatile shed. Am not trying to bag on anyone, just stating my opinion. and in no way am i telling anyone to pay a ridiculous amount of $18,000 for it.

foxdonut, May 10, 3:17am
Notchbacks aren't particularly sought after.

So, you're a big time Toyota collector huh! Whats in the "collection" exactly!

Wait, let me guess.

Ah. Toyota7, 2000GT, Denso Sard Supra GT500, Top Secret V12 Nardo and TF105!

Or are you maybe just some toolbox with a POS Corolla that no one wants!

elect70, May 10, 3:27am
There are collectors in Japan who do buyorigonaltoyotas& datsuns so if they haventbeen after it, then it cant bevery collectable .Still never know ya luck in the big city

rollorobot, May 10, 3:32am
haha love it mate, im am only stating an opinion. You might not want a notch back mustang nor do i, none the less alot of people own them and note i said in their 'opinions'. My collection is very small, and i would love a 2000GT thank you but im sure if one did come up for sale i wouldnt be able to afford one eighth of it. And in your eyes they are probably P.O.S corollas (25's, 35's and 86) but you dont have to like my cars and nobody has to 'want' them cos im not selling.

foxdonut, May 10, 3:50am
Cool story bro.

"collectable" is actually pretty easily defined by recognised car collection registrations, clubs and insurance companies.

You don't have a "collection"; you have a bunch of used cars.

Try not to confuse the two and people will take you a little more seriously in future.

rollorobot, May 10, 4:13am
Completely wrong. Collection= a group of objects or an amount of material accumulated in one location. Ofcourse i have used cars, i wouldnt not want a new car which depreciates in value. I respect your opinion that the only car collection worth having is exotic super cars that are strictly not allowed to be driven so that they do not become 'used' i just dont share it

whqqsh, May 10, 4:25am
leave the guy alone to have his auction for once without the crap (I admit Ive given him a bit in the past) but let an auction run without hassle (then he cant cry 'sabotage') & sit quietly & see its 'real' value & if it doesnt reach reserve so be it, market will decide either way

jmma, May 10, 4:26am
I forgot, what was your collection!

foxdonut, May 10, 4:34am
I don't collect anything of particular value.

nightboss, May 10, 5:45am
Don't be so modest Mr. Fox, tell us about your collections.
Or do we have to guess!

foxdonut, May 10, 6:05am
Speculate whatever you like, I don't collect anything. Pretty much everything I own fits into three large suitcases or gets thrown away when I move.

pebbles61, May 10, 6:09am
Wait, wtf, it's back to $18,500 again! wasn't it like $8500 last time! I wish he can sell it, but it won't happen at that price.

nightboss, May 10, 6:12am
We have had a few tennants like you, debt collectors are great for your type.

foxdonut, May 10, 6:13am
I dunno if you've been keeping up with current events, but there's no one on this messageboard allowed to post or bid on his auction any more because he can't handle the truth.

The only people who'd want to buy it (or see any sort of intrinsic value in it) are people that have a hat on backwards and don't have 18 grand for any car, let alone something they would shoehorn a worn out 12a rotary engine into and finance some blingy wheels on as a "project".

Its an old Corolla that never got driven. not worth more than a couple of grand, anyone with any sort of fiscal sense or even a proper collector can see this.

foxdonut, May 10, 6:14am
~ Something like that.

nightboss, May 10, 6:14am
Keep up will you, that was like 3 auctions ago.

pebbles61, May 10, 6:29am
Sorry, I've been too busy lol.

Anyway point being it may be worth $18,500 to someone, but not me. I could get another 3 or 4 Wolseley's for that kind money!