Toyota Ipsum Differences

bmw22, May 7, 10:54pm
We are looking at one of these, but am a little unsure as to the difference between the 'S', 'I', 'U' models. Any information about these would be greatly appreciated. Any experiences! Thanks

fordcrzy, May 8, 12:38am
x1
the s is the sport model with adjustable suspension and a tiptronic mode. from memory the i is the base model and often doesnt come with cameras and 16 inch wheels. the U is the top model which is basically a sport but with beige interior and some have cruise control.
buy the highest spec one you can for the money.

fordcrzy, May 8, 12:49am
things to look for are: worn steering rack bushes, wriggle the steering left to right and listen for knocking. look for uneven tyre wear on the fronts.

gman35, May 8, 1:35am
Yes the Japanese beige velour interior eh ! The only place beige works is in an Alfa with leather (and from memory are more of a "tan"). I would rather just accept good old boring grey or black otherwise thanks.

bmw22, May 8, 2:01am
Thanks for the info. I have also seen a few of them with the screen in the dash board. Is this for the cameras or for a navigation system! Is it a radio / stereo control also!

kazbanz, May 8, 2:32am
The screen is indeed for the satnav in the base modelbut also its the screen for the reversing camera and front parking camera

fordcrzy, May 8, 2:48am
as above, the screen is the stereo and navigation, although the navigation doesnt work in NZ. it also has the reversing camera which is GREAT.it also has an AUX video input which i have used to feed a media player into the stereo.

thegreycat, May 8, 5:24am
We have an S version, with adjustable shocks.Engines are all the same across all models to my knowledge (2AZ-FE's) 2.4L.We get about 9.2L per 100kms out of it.S models get the body kit and 16 inch mags.We bought our one from Toyota under SBT and have just noticed the steering squeak in the bushes so will be getting that fixed under their warranty programme at next service.Good car other than that.

fordcrzy, May 8, 6:10am
you can see the whole rack move in relation to the chassis when they are stuffed. there is no direct replacement for them, alhough i beleive some suspension shops have been able to adapt (hilux!) and estima ones to fit

phard, May 14, 8:58am
You can get new bushes for the racks. Its a simple press in bush much cheaper than a new rack.

outbidyou2, May 14, 9:29am
Difference - Ipsum for tards - No Ipsum for non-tards. Simple

You can apply this to Previa also.