Vehicle delivery timeframes

nathanmac, May 13, 5:02am
OK, I know this falls into the 'length of a piece of string' category, but can anyone with vehicle delivery experience recommend one service over another for speediness!

Basically I'm hoping to find someone that could maybe pick up a car from Wellington (city) on Tuesday and have it to Christchurch by Thursday at the latest.I have a couple of prices already which are fine, but the timeframes allowed for are 3-4 days.Maybe that's the best I can hope for!

Will be phoning places first thing Monday, but any recommendations welcomed. TIA.

thewomble1, May 13, 6:04am
Should be able to delivered to Christchurch on the same day.depends on the ferry sailing times.

neo_psy, May 13, 6:17am
Fly up Tuesday morning, get a ferry, you'll be in CHC by Tuesday night.

mlh19658, May 13, 6:20am
Try Jeffs Christchurch. They're good.

sw20, May 13, 6:25am
This. Would be around $300 incl flights, ferry and gas as long as it isn't a gas guzzler.

neo_psy, May 13, 6:30am
Yeah, probably more than a road carrier - but if they want a guaranteed delivey time. No road carriers will guarantee a day for delivery. They'll say 3-4 days, and too bad if you need it earlier.

nathanmac, May 13, 6:37am
Not an option.I'm not looking for a cheap price, I'm looking for a timeframe. I have meetings every night this week, plus a potential driver for the car from Christchurch to Invercargill if I can get it there in time. Cheers though.

nathanmac, May 16, 2:51am
Just to update this, we've had fantastic service from Jeffs.Car was dropped off to the ferry yesterday lunchtime and arrived in Chch early this afternoon.

zephyrheaven, May 16, 4:13am
It has now been serviced & is ready to roll down south tomorrow 8)

nathanmac, May 16, 4:41am
Yep thanks cuz, great service at Neil Stuart Auto as well!